Chapter 1: Applaud

~Ben~
~June~

All I hear is people clapping their hands together. It makes my head throb even harder. I look down at the empty glass in front of me whishing it was full, so I could shoot it down my throat again. I feel hands grabbing me, soft and hard ones. The hard ones are shaking my shoulders and the soft ones are caressing my arms. I ignore them all. The only person I want to see is five thousand kilometers away, and she doesn't want to see me. I have no idea who these people are, but they seem to know me. Maybe they just wish they did. People have the bad habit to cling to the ones who success, and I am one of those people now. I succeeded, but I lost everything. Can we really say that I made it if the only person I did all of this for is gone? I certainly don't feel like a winner as I raise my glass in the air to grab the barman's attention.

"Same thing?" I nod, my eyes looking at the TV behind him.

"Could you turn that off, please," I ask before swallowing the entire content of my glass.

"Why? You don't want the attention on yourself?" I shake my head. I've had plenty of attention as it is. "Congrats, bro. The Islanders are good," He adds, filling up my drink again.

"Are you going to turn it off or not?" He shakes his head.

"Can't do that, sorry." The dark liquor burns my throat as I down my drink. I grab a twenty-dollar bill from my wallet and set it on the bar before getting up. I ignore Alexander's calls as I exit the shitty bar I used to come to at least twice a week when I was younger. I used to love this place, but, now, it just reminds me of what I lost.

Here we go, the second book will focus more on Ben's side hence the title ;) Hope you will enjoy xx