■ FOURTY- THREE ■

Start from the beginning

Mekhi stepped towards me, making me look up as he towered over me. "And you of all people should know I can be quite persuasive," he replied.

"Oh really, pretty sure I'm the most stubborn person you've ever met, remember?" I asked, leaning forward slightly.

Mekhi narrowed his eyes.

"Sorry to break up whatever intense moment you're both having but the taxi is here," Richard interrupted swiftly.

I raised my eyesbrows and Mekhi stepped back. Triumphant, I grabbed my bags and pushed past both men to the car.

"What was that about?" I heard Richard ask.

"Bloody women," Mekhi sighed.

We sat in the car, I watched the scenery pass by as Richard chatted animatedly with the driver. My eyes began to close on their own accord. Vampires didn't even need sleep but with myself being born with werewolf blood, I was sure I still held onto some traits of humanity. Like tiredness and emotions.

"Watch out!" Richard yelled, startling me awake.

The driver slammed on the brakes, swerving to not hit whatever it was standing on the side of the road. The car turned and flipped, sliding across the asphalt as sparks flew. My body was flung forward, thankfully kept to the seat by the seatbelt.

With a shortness of breath, the car stopped moving. "Is everyone okay?" I heard Richard ask.

"No," Mekhi replied.

My eyes widened as my fingers tugged at the seatbelt. I unclicked my belt and I fell to the top of the roof, wincing as my knees landed on glass.

"Mekhi? What's wrong?" I asked, worried he'd been hurt somehow.

"Our driver is dead," he replied just as I climbed between the drivers seat and the passenger seat.

Mekhi hung upside down, blood dripping from his mouth as he looked at our driver. I raised my hand to my mouth as I looked away from the damaged face of our taxi driver.

"Celene, I'll get him out," Richard said, gesturing to Mekhi as he also unclicked his belt.

I nodded and moved towards my door. Pulling the handle, the door didn't budge.

Shoving my entire weight against it, the door opened and spun away. I crawled out on the glass littered floor, only to scream as a hand grabbed the back of my head.

"Celene!" Mekhi yelled.

I was being dragged backwards by the hair and my nails broke as I tried to grip the pavement. I heard a whine and a smash as Richard and Melhi emerged from the car, looking bruised and battered.

"Let her go!" Mekhi growled, the shadows on his face growing darker.

Movement stopped and I breathed heavily, wincing as my legs burned from the scrapes. A howl filled the night and suddenly the area began to fill up with wolves.

"No," I breathed out.

Wolves encircled Mekhi and Richard, forcing them back while another wolf padded towards me. Whoever held me, threw me forward.

I landed on my hands and knees, right in front of the snarling wolf. Fear filled me as I watched Richard pull a weapon from mid air, and I looked back at the wolf as his long canines as he inched towards me.

"Please, don't hurt them," I breathed out.

The wolf closed his mouth and coaxed his head. With a snap, I closed my eyes as the wolf jumped forward. I didn't feel teeth attack me, or anything.

I opened my eyes and my father was standing before me. "You would save them! Being what they are!" he spat.

"What I am," I replied, as I felt my own fangs lengthening.

"Than it is true, that man turned you into a monster," my father growled.

"No, he saved me from the person who turned me, he ripped out her heart" I replied, getting to my feet.

The man behind me kicked in my knees and I fell back to the ground. "I should kill you," My father breathed out, fury in his tone.

"If you do, spare them, they only came back to take down the Queen who had taken his crown," I replied weakly.

My father knelt down and gripped my chin. "I do not spare anyone," he whispered.

My eyes turned to look at Mekhi and Richard. Their eyes remained on the wolves that surrounded them. "I'll do you a deal, father" I said, turning to look back at him.

He titled his head. "You kill me, you let both Richard and my King go," I replied.

He narrowed his eyes. "And why would I make such a deal?" My father asked.

"Because I'm a vampire, born with werewolf blood and I'm your daughter, and with two bloodlines in one body, gives others hope that both species can live in peace," I replied.

"But you let them go, and you take me out, it will only widened the crack between Vampire and Werewolf," I added, as my bloody hands gripped the ground.

My father let go of my chin and turned to face the two most important people in my life. "She's bargained her life for both of yours," My father spoke clearly.

"No!" Mekhi exclaimed.

With a smirk, he gestured his hands wide and the wolves backed away.

"Celene, what did you do!" Mekhi exclaimed.

Hands gripped my arms, pulling me onto my knee, holding me up as I looked at the man I loved.

"I'm sorry," I breathed out.

Richard stepped forward, ready to attack. My father turned to look at the man behind me, who wrapped his hands around my head.

Mekhi's eyes widened. "Go! Go get your crown and live! Live that long life!" I yelled at them.

Mekhi's hands turned into fists. He turned to his son, they spoke in a small voice before hugging. Richard took one look at me, his eyes saying goodbye.

"Goodbye Richard" I breathed out as I felt a warm tear trickle down my cheek.

Richard ran off into the night. Mekhi stepped forward. "If she goes, I go," he said firmly.

"No, no way!" I yelled.

My father seemed to enjoy this. Mekhi walked towards me, before getting on his knees. Another wolf had transformed and took Mekhi's head in her hands.

"There is not a life I want that doesn't have you in it," Mekhi said to me.

I whimpered as he smiled. "I love you, Celene" he said, meaning it with everything he had.

"I love you too," I replied, meaning it with everything I had.

A/N

CLIFFHANGER.

ARE THEY GOING TO DIE?
OR IS RICHARD GOING TO SAVE THE DAY?

Why am I yelling?
I DON'T KNOW

Sorry for the long wait, I had to find the right way to write these next few chapters.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!