■ NINETEEN ■

■ NINETEEN ■

I breathed heavily as the King stood astride his horse in front of me. His eyes didn't leave mine as he got off his horse and stepped towards me. Raising my hand, I held it out in front of me. "Don't come any closer" I warned, wincing at my injured hand.

The King tilted his head slightly. "Why did you run away?" He asked, heeding my warning and not moving forward.

"You know why I ran, you lying bastard" I rasped out, glaring at him.

I could feel his anger roll off him. "If you had let me explain before running of-" he was saying before I cut him off.

"I really do not want to hear your excuses, just let me go" I pleaded.

"No"

"Run"

I sighed and took a step back. "For a moment I believed you" I said before scoffing.

He lifted his head more to study me. "Believed what?" He asked, lowly.

"For a moment I believed you were something more than a monster" I replied.

The King's eyes flashed. "So we're back to square one, are we?" He asked, his hand going to the side of his cloak.

"Why don't you just go back to Zurie, I'd hate to spoil your plan" I spat.

His eyes widened.

"Celene, run"

Without a second thought, I turned around and ran straight back into the forest. "Celene!" The King roared.

I jumped over rocks and branches, darting back into the thick of the trees. I ignored the ache in my legs but collapsed against a tree as they suddenly gave away. I felt a cool breeze against my skin.

"You cannot run from me" the King said in a low voice, bending down to my level.

I caught my breath before turning to face him. "Let me go Mekhi, just let me be free" I breathed out.

His eyes narrowed. "You've lost the right to use my name aloud, and if I ever hear it come from your mouth I will-" He was threatening before I cut him off.

"What? Will do what? Rip out my vocals chords? Kill me? Please do" I replied angrily.

He gritted his teeth. "I don't want to be here anymore, I don't want anything to do with you, leave me alone" I snapped.

Slowly, he stood up. "A few days in the dungeon should fix that attitude" he said calmly.

"You bastard, Zurie doesn't want me there and I don't want to be there, just let me go!" I cried out.

"You are in no position to be making demands" he replied as he turned his back on me and began to walk away.

"If you felt anything for me, anything that was real!" I started.

The King froze. "The Mekhi I knew and trusted would let me go, because he would do anything to reconcile what he'd done to me" I finished.

Slowly, the King turned to look at me. "I remember looking into his eyes as he promised he'd take me to see my mother if I so desired it" I added, my hands turning into fists.

The King stepped forward and lifted up his hand, dropping his hood. "You pissed that Mekhi off when you ran from the castle" the King growled.

"And what was I supposed to do, my Lord, just let you watch me; how did you put it- crumble.. should I let you watch me crumble into nothing?" I asked, feeling rage within my veins.

"You're not getting the point" the King growled.

"No! You're not getting the point! I trusted you, I let you in and you broke my trust! I will never ever care for you again and I most certainly do not want to be your Queen!" I exclaimed.

He curled his lip. "I've heard enough" he growled, turning around.

"Good! Go away! I don't want to be anywhere near you!" I exclaimed again.

The King froze for a second time before rolling his shoulders. Slowly, he turned to face me. "Say it" he growled lowly.

I straighened my back. "Say what you're thinking" he asked again, his silver eyes darkening as they watched me.

I stayed silent. "Say it!" He yelled.

"I. Hate. You" I replied firmly, lifting my chin up.

He stalked towards me quickly and I scrambled back, falling onto another tree and he cornered me against it. "You have no idea of the murderous thoughts that are going through my mind right now, I could rip you apart and no body would care that you were gone" he whispered close to my ear as I went rigid.

"I know the exact spot to pierce so you can die a slow and painful death, is that what you want?" He growled quietly still by my ear.

I bundled up my courage. "Sounds better than another day in your presence" I replied, my heart beating quickly.

Quick as lightning, his hand was in my hair and pulling to the side tightly, forcing my neck to be exposed. I could feel the King's warm breath on my bare skin. "Do it!" I dared.

Seconds passed and he didn't make a move. "You can't, can you?" I mocked.

With a growl, he released me. "You've become predictable Mekhi" I said as he whirled around.

"I said, don't say my name!" He snapped.

I studied him, his rigid posture and dark expression. He looked ready to strike, like an Indian snake that had been charmed. "I can't do this anymore" I breathed out.

He narrowed his eyes. "I didn't ask for Zurie to come back, I didn't ask for you to run away without knowing the full story, there are a lot of things out of my control right now and I despise it, the last thing I need is for an emotional heartbroken girl to be traipsing unprotected through my lands!" The King snapped.

"Then allow me to leave," I said, turning away to begin walking.

He was in front of me in an instant. "What part of you're not going anywhere, do you not understand!" He exclaimed, making me back up.

A owl hooted in the distance and it only added the freakiness of the dark forest. "Let me go!" I yelled.

"No" he replied.

"This time, I won't be making any mistakes" the King said calmly as his silver eyes entranced me.

A/N

I wonder what he means by that?

This time? Had there been other times? I guess you'll find out.

Hehehe.. gosh I'm evil. I love it. It seems the King is certain on keeping Celene, but will Celene give in or will she keep fighting?
We soon shall see.

Stay tuned and don't forget to vote, comment and subscribe to PewDiePie on Youtube!

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!