■ THIRTY- EIGHT ■

■ THIRTY- EIGHT ■

Richard flitted around the kitchen, singing Taylor Swift to himself as I stared out the window, watching people move around the street in the world of their own.

I kept wondering what my ability was and I wondered if it was as cool as reading minds or folding light into weapons.

Mekhi had gone somewhere, said he needed to figure out a few things.

I watched the clouds drift lazily across the sky, not giving a care in the world. And for once, I was jealous of them. "Sadly, I cannot read thoughts, so wanna tell me what you're thinking?" Richard asked, sitting down beside me.

I turned my head to look at him as he held a plate of small cut sandwiches. "I know we're all vamps here but I still really enjoy human food, here try it," he said after I gave him a look.

"Okay," I said, reaching out my hand and grabbing the small triangle.

I took a bite and an explosion of taste filled my senses. Things I wouldn't have tasted as a human. "Wow!" I exclaimed before laughing.

Richard grinned before grabbing a sandwich and shoved it into his mouth. "So what's on your mind?" He asked, with his mouth full.

"That's disgusting!" I exclaimed before laughing.

He shrugged as I sighed. "I'm just trying to figure out where I belong, what my abilities are and if I'm ready to be the vampire I know Mekhi wants me to be," I said, taking another sandwich.

"Little piece of advice from my many years of trying to live up to my father's expectations, don't, don't do anything you don't want to do and if you don't like the direction of something then tell him," Richard said honestly.

"Have you met your father?" I asked, eyeing him.

Richard nodded. "I've seen Mekhi at his absolute worst, he just likes to play hard ass, he's actually a sensitive guy" he said, taking a bite of another sandwich.

I sighed. "He wants me to be his Queen," I said simply.

"I know, it's a big step," Richard replied.

"I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of responsibility, Richard" I said, looking back at the window.

"Look, I'm not going to lie and say that everything works out in the end because half the time it doesn't, but these fears you're having, you need to speak to Mekhi about them," he said, shrugging.

I sighed. "Thanks Richard," I said, looking at him.

"Call me Rick," he said before standing up.

"Oh right, sorry" I said, looking up at him.

He smiled. "You know Celene, you're an amazing woman, it's a shame I didn't meet you sooner," he said before turning and walking away.

I smiled after him before turning to look out the window again. I saw Mekhi's black cloak flutter in the wind as he walked towards Richard's house. As if someone was calling his name, he stopped and turned.

Standing up, I moved to the side to see him better. A young woman was speaking to him before she held out her hand.

Mekhi took whatever it was in her hand before nodding his head. I frowned. The woman walked away and Mekhi turned back towards the house.

I sat back down and waited for him to come inside.

"Hey," he said, opening the door and seeing me.

I shook off the weird feeling I was having and gave him a smile. "Hey," I replied.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking off his cloak and folding over the back of a leather chair.

He walked towards me and took Richard's seat. "Yeah, I'm okay," I breathed out, not totally lying.

"I can tell you're not okay, I don't need mind reading to see that you're confused," Mekhi replied, calmly.

"Where did you go?" I asked, wanting to change the subject.

He sighed. "I just needed to clear my head on a few things," he said, leaning back in the chair.

"And the woman?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He raised an eyebrow. "What woman?" He asked, confused.

I narrowd my eyes at him. "Are you seriously going to sit there and make me out to be crazy?" I asked, annoyed.

"Oh that woman I saw on the street just a few moments ago? Just was just giving me back my key that I dropped," he replied, shrugging one shoulder.

I shook my head and blew out a breath. "You know you still haven't given me an answer to my proposal," Mekhi said, sounding just a touch bit hurt.

"That's because there's a lot to think about," I replied.

"Not really, it's a yes or no question,"

"Mekhi, it's not just a yes or a no, it's marriage, it's becoming the Vampire Queen of France and Italy, as well as being your wife" I huffed out.

"And what? You're afraid of that title?" Mekhi asked, studying me carefully.

"Of course I'm afraid of that title, Mekhi, I'm terrified! I've been a Vampire a total of two days and then suddenly I'm asked to rule over them?" I exclaimed.

Mekhi sighed. "I know it's a lot of responsibility and I wish I could make it easier for you, but honestly, marrying me gives you the title as well," he said leaning forward on his elbows.

I looked away and Mekhi frowned. "Seriously?" He asked, suddenly.

My hands twisted with each other. "You're going to turn down my proposal because you don't want the responsibility of being a Queen? You didn't seem to mind before!" He snapped, standing up.

"It's not that Mekhi! It's just all that responsibility on top of trying to be a newly turned vampire, on top of being on the run from my murderous werewolf father, on top of everything else that's going on and I'm sorry I'm not in my right frame of mind to walk down the aisle with a crown on my head!" I exclaimed.

Mekhi scoffed. "Being a newly turned vampire is easy, nothing to it," he replied, before crossing his arms.

I shook my head. "I'm not you! I'm not being forced to run around the world to drain cities just to take my pain away, my maker is dead and I'm facing this alone!" I exclaimed, expressing with my hands.

"Careful," he growled.

"Or what? What can you do to me that hasn't already been done?!" I snapped before turning on my heel and storming away.

I took great comfort in the slam that followed the door I closed.

A/N

Oof, I think our Celene is going to be one temper flaring Vampire.
But lord, wait until I reveal her gift.

Hehehehehe

Stay tuned!
Don't forget to vote and comment, and subscribe to PewDiePie on Youtube!

Lots of love,
Tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!