Necessitys

"Crowley! Stop." Castiel yelled.

"Oh hello, Giraffe." Crowley said, holding Dean closer and pressing the knife harder against his neck.

"Cas, go." Dean managed to croke out.

"Oh, Squirrel. Don't go trying to get rid your boyfriend. Now that he's here, the fun's just begun." Crowley said, snapping his fingers.

10 demons came out, left and right, all grabbing Cas and making him stay still.

"No!" Dean yelled.

Crowley pressed the knife harder against his neck.

"Stop it, Crowley! I'll do anything just... please don't."

"Oh, Cas. You really don't get it do you? I need to- no I want crush you. I want to break your heart. Dean here? He's just a liability for you. So once he's out of the way, you'll be back to your old ways, not giving any concern to humanity."

"What makes you so sure?" Castiel said.

"Because like Dean needs you... you need him."

Right then and there Crowley slid the blade across Dean's throat.

"NO!" Castiel yelled, fighting against the demons holding him.

But they were too strong.

So he watched... he watched the love of his life bleed out on the cold cement floor.

****

"NOO!"

Castiel shot up in bed.

He was shaking, sweating, hyperventilating.

He was a wreak.

Dean came running in the room.

"Cas? What the hell?"

"Dean..."

Castiel got out of bed and lunged forward and wrapped his arms around Dean's neck. Dean wrapped his arms around Cas' waist. They stayed like that for awhile. When Dean pulled back he looked into Castiel's eyes with concern.

"Cas, are you okay?"

"I am now."

Castiel could feel his legs start to buckle underneath him due to the loss of adrenaline. Dean picked him up bridle style and laid him down in bed. He pulled the covers over him and knelt down beside him.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"You could stay..." Castiel said.

Dean nodded and went to the door. Castiel was worried and upset. Did he scare him off? Did he come off to strong?

When Dean reached the door he closed it. He took off his jeans and went to the other side of the bed and crawled in.

Dean raised his arm, signaling for Cas to come closer.

Cas scooted against Dean and laid his head on Dean's chest and listened to his steady heart beat.

After awhile of silence, Dean spoke up.

"Wanna talk about it?"

Castiel sighed.

"Crowley had taken you and held you hostage to try and get to me. He wanted me to revert back to my old ways and he said in order to do that he needed to break my heart and so he killed you and I couldn't do anything about it."

Tears were slipping out of Castiel's eyes now and soaking Dean's shirt but Dean didn't care. He just held Cas closer.

"It's okay, Cas. It was just a dream. Besides, if it was me versus some punk ass demon, who would you bet on?"

Castiel chuckled a little at Dean's comment which made Dean smile.

Dean pressed a kiss to the top of Cas' head.

"I need you, Cas."

Castiel knew what Dean was trying to say.

"I need you too, Dean Winchester."

Yes, Dean Winchester was in fact a necessity.

(A/N: whoop whoop. Sí sí señor. I updated.)