The list (pt.2)

"I hope you had a wonderful flight." Said the lady as Castiel got off the plane.

So here he was... Castiel was in New York City visiting his criminal boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, and his ex's accomplice/brother. Totally normal Tuesday afternoon.

"Cas?"

Castiel looked up to see Sam with a big goofy smile on his face.

"Sam!" Castiel smiled.

He ran up to Sam and gave him a hug which Sam reciprocated.

"I've missed you, you moose." Castiel said pulling back.

"Yeah, yeah. I've missed you too." Sam said rolling his eyes and smiling.

"I thought I was gonna meet you at the address you sent me?" Castiel said tilting his head in confusion.

"Oh, well yeah but I thought it'd only be polite to pick you up. I told Dean to meet me there. He doesn't know your visiting so it'll be quite the surprise." Sam said smiling.

"Oh, alright well. Shall we go?" Castiel said.

"Of course." Sam said smiling.

Castiel looked at Sam and saw something in his eyes. Guilt? Regret? Dread? Castiel couldn't tell which one. Maybe it was all of them... but why?

****

Sam and Castiel pulled in the parking lot. In font of them was an old abandoned warehouse.

"He should be here." Sam said.

"He is." Castiel smiled. He was looking out of the car window and admiring the old 1967 Chevy Impala, reminiscing on all the memories that lied within it.

"Head in, I'll be right behind you. Just say Sam Winchester sent you in to talk with Dean and show them this." Sam said handing Castiel a piece of paper.

On the paper was a jumble of numbers and letters that didn't make sense but Castiel trusted Sam.

Castiel got out of the car and headed inside the building. Sure, the outside looked abandoned but the inside was extravagant. Castiel walked up to the font desk where a red head sat typing away on her computer. The desk had a bunch of little trinkets from all kinds of shows like Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who.

"Hi. I'm Castiel. Sam Winchester sent me in to talk to Dean."

"Hello! I'm Charlie. Unfortunately, I need clarification that Sam was the one who sent you in."

"Uh, here he gave me this piece of paper to hand to you." Castiel said.

Charlie took the piece of paper from Castiel. She unfolded it and her face dropped. Her peppy persona changed as if she pitied him. Why?

"You-uh... you can head on over to the elevator. Click the 5th floor and it should take you right to Dean's office." Charlie said frowning and looking back at her computer screen. Castiel noticed she had a pride flag oh her desk as well. Castiel smiled.

"Always nice to know there are others like me out there." Castiel smiled, tapping the tip of the flag and walking towards the elevator.

When he got in he pressed the number 5. As the elevator doors closed he waved to Charlie and he could've swore he saw her crying but he must've been imagining it.

With every passing floor Castiel grew more and more nervous. What if he hates him? What if he tries to get him to leave? What if he has to kill him for knowing about this place?

*Ding*

The doors opened and Castiel stepped out. He looked around and then saw Dean. He was sitting at his desk doing paperwork and looking down so he hadn't seen Castiel yet.