Lollipops and Headstones

Castiel visited his home town every month to visit his brother, Gabe.

Where does Castiel go to see his brother?

Oh, well the cemetery of course!

Yes, yes. Gabriel was dead. 

Castiel didn't know how to handle it. He didn't want to talk about it but he knew he couldn't ignore it. So, every month Castiel would go to the cemetery and visit his big brother.

Castiel was never alone when he went. Well... not technically. About 8 headstones to the left of Gabe's grave a man would stand and look down at where his loved one was buried. The man had brown hair, green eyes and always wore a leather jacket and denim jeans.

Every time, without fail, the man would be there. Every month. Sometimes, Castiel would tear up just by looking at his brothers headstone. Not once did the stranger cry. No silent sobbing. No single man tear. No nothing. To be honest it kind of worried Castiel. I mean sure, he didn't know the man but he knew that at some point all the emotions the green eyed beauty held in, it would eventually all come out in one big storm of emotions.

The month was May, Castiel was making his usual trip to the cemetery. He pulled into a candy store and purchased a lollipop. He did this every month. He'd buy a new lollipop every time he visited and replace the one from the month before, and put it on Gabe's headstone.

Castiel eventually pulled into the cemetery and made his way to Gabe's grave. When he got there he took the blue raspberry lollipop from last month, put it in the pocket of his trench coat and replaced it with a cherry one.

Castiel sighed.

"Hello, brother. I decided I'd get you cherry this time. I know you like green apple but this was your second favorite and they ran out of green apple at the store."

Castiel chuckled.

"I always feel so stupid just standing here and talking to a stone with your name on it and a couple dates. Charlie says it's supposed to help. I say B.S. but you can't argue with Charlie. Listen Gabe... I miss you. A lot. You were the only person I could trust and now you're gone. When mom up and left you told me you'd never leave... now look where we are. You're gone and I'm here... talking to absolutely nothing. A bit of me hopes you can hear me but another part hopes you're off somewhere calm with "Casa Erotica" on repeat and bowls full of green apple suckers."

Castiel sniffled and sighed.

"I love you brother."

Castiel touched Gabe's grave then turned around to leave. Thats when he looked over and saw the stranger standing there, in his usual spot and... crying?

No. This man never cried! Why is today any different?

Okay yeah, Castiel has never spoken to the man but he felt a connection. He felt the need to go... help the stranger.

Castiel walked towards the man. When he got to him he tapped his shoulder.

The leather jacketed man turned around with tears in his eyes. His eyes were puffy and tears stained his cheeks.

"Um, h-hi. I'm Castiel."

"Dean." The man smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry but you looked like you could use one of these."

Castiel then wrapped his arms around Dean's neck and  pulled him into a hug. Dean didn't react right away but soon returned the hug and started sobbing into Castiel's shoulder.

Dean pulled away.

"Th-thank you."

"Of course. I-I notice you whenever I come by and I've never seen you cry before. So I thought that maybe you needed a shoulder to lean on today."

Dean smiled and looked back at the grave.

Castiel looked at the engravings.

Sam Winchester
1983-2010

"He was my brother. Today's his birthday so it's a little bit more difficult to show up here." Dean admitted.

Cas shuffled closer to Dean.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Weird question but, did Sam happen to like... lollipops?" Castiel asked.

Dean gave Castiel a confused look before responding.

"Y-yeah. They were his favorite candy as a kid."

Castiel smiled and took out the blue raspberry sucker from his pocket and placed it on Sam's grave.

"Th-thanks. Y-you didn't have to do that." Dean said.

"Consider it a gift. One grieving brother to another." Castiel looked down awkwardly.

Dean smiled and they both looked back at the grave. Dean laid his head in Castiel's shoulder and sighed.

"I've seen you come every month. You always bring lollipops. I've seen you tear up and I wanted to go over but I didn't. I'm sorry. What you did for me today is something I wish I did for you." Dean admitted.

Castiel smiled and put his head on Dean's.

"It's not a problem, Dean. You seemed troubled and I wanted to help. Here." Castiel reached in his pocket and gave Dean his business card.

"If you're ever in a bad place or just need someone to talk to. I'm here. I'll always come when you call." Castiel smiled.

Dean took the card and nodded.

"Thank you, Castiel."

"You're welcome, Dean."

After that day, Castiel and Dean went to the cemetery together every month and put lollipops on both graves. They walked hand in hand and neither of them have ever been more happy.

(A/N: Oh- OH MY GOD! DO YOUR EYES DECEIVE YOU?! DID I ACTUALLY UPDATE?! Yes, yes I did. It's been awhile. I'm just realky lazy and school and blah. Anyway hope yiu enjoyed that. Adios.)