Chapter 13- Vine a Decirte Adios

*Avadele'sPOV*

        I had told myself that I never wanted to see Geoffrey again, but here I was almost a month later, contemplating whether I should let him come over or not.

        He had texted me earlier asking if he could come see the baby. At least he hadn't lost his sense of family completely... but I still couldn't help but be pissed. I was mad that he finally made the effort to contact me now, when it was convenient for him, instead of over a month ago when I was scared, alone in the emergency room and needed his help. Since he left, it seemed like he had a completely different outlook on life. Like now that he was single, things worked completely different. It made me feel like crap to be honest. Maybe thatwas why he left. Maybe I was dragging him down, maybe I was too needy. I didn't know. All I knew is whatever I did, it was something wrong.

        It wasn't that I wanted to keep him away from his kid. I wasn't that crazy. I just didn't know how I'd react when I would see him. I hadn't seen him in person since he left and the only form of contact we'd had since then were hoards of missed phone calls and the text he sent me this morning. Should I even invite him over? Act like everything was okay when he was basically making no effort? I didn't understand how you could hate someone so much but not hate them, all at once. Never in a million years did I think that the guy I used to call my best friend would do me like he did. We've been through so much, good and bad. But now, I was left alone, stressed and full of pain and questions.

        I stared at my phone screen for what seemed like forever. Geoffrey's text was still there. It wasn't going anywhere, unless I deleted it, but I knew I wouldn't. My read receipts were on. He knew I'd already seen his message but he didn't know how much this was all eating me alive.

Can I come to see Alexiel today?

        I wanted to tell myself it was just an easy yes or no answer, but it wasn't that simple. This was Geoffrey. I came to accept the fact that most things weren't very easy when it came to him.

I sighed as my fingers hovered over the keyboard. I decided it was now or never. I was going to have to see him again at some point anyway.

I typed out my answer and waited. I wasn't even waiting for anything to happen in particular and all I really wanted to do was take my mind off of everything. If it wasn't for the fact that we had a child together, that we used be be a dysfunctional yet happy family, was what made it so freaking hard.  You can't take your mind off stuff like that. You just can't.

  *    *    *

You'd think with Alexiel off my hands, I'd have a lot more time to myself. That wasn't the case. I got off of work as usual, except this time when I got home I took a much needed nap as I waited for Geoffrey to get back with the baby.

As for me and Geoffrey, well, the intial meeting wasn't that bad. We said our hellos, I gave him the baby and told Geoff to make sure he had him back by six. It was a little after five thirty and I was drifting in and out of sleep on the couch when the doorbell rang.

Geoffrey stood there with Alexiel in one arm and his things in the other.

"We would've stayed out a little longer but he was getting cranky.", he said, hanging the baby to me.

"Its fine. Its almost six anyway.", I said, propping Alexiel up on my hip. You can leave now, I thought to myself.

"He, uh, we had a great time and all. We went to the park. I think he'll sleep good tonight.", said Geoffrey. I didn't know if he was saying this because he felt like he needed to or if this was a way of trying to make extra conversation with me.