Chapter 40- Make Up Your Minds

*Avadele's POV*

"So when is Geoffrey coming back to see Alexiel?", asked my dad.

I shrugged. "I don't know. This week or the week after I think. Whenever he has a concert in Brooklyn."

He looked at me funny.

"What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing, mija. Nothing." Him and Viri exchanged worried glances.

"What?", I asked again, crossing my arms.

"Considering the fact he's been on tour all this time, he's sure found a way to make it
up here a lot.", noted Viri staring at her nails.

"And what's wrong with that? He can't come see his son?", I asked.

"Well, I never said he couldn't. I was just wondering." she said.

Something was up, but I decided to ignore it.

"And when is the next time Mateo will be over?", asked my dad. I knew for a fact he loved having Mateo around. They got along great but Geoffrey would always be like the son he never had. After all, he had watched us grow up together.

"I don't know.", I mumbled. That ring sure did feel heavy right about now.

He gave me a look that said well, you should but he didn't say anything. He sighed heavily before getting up. "I should get going then. Stay safe, you two." He gave us each a hug and kiss on the forehead before leaving. Once the door shut behind him, Viri crossed her arms and began to stare me down.

"What?"

"What's going on, Ava?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You and Geoffrey.", she told me, knowing I already knew the answer.

"Nothing.", I said.

"Bullshit. Ever since y'all did the nasty you've been acting weird."

I felt myself turn red. "Listen, nothing's happened between us since then if that's what you're trying to hint at." That much was the truth. But Geoffrey did always find ways to fly up and see us in between shows. Was that considered cheating too? Was there such thing as emotional cheating?

"Mhm.", she said accusingly.

"I'm serious."

"And when is Mateo really coming over?", she asked, arms still crossed.

"Today.", I admitted quietly.

"Ava, you have to tell him.", she said, growing serious.

She didn't need to specify anything. I knew exactly what she was reffering to. "I want to... I just..."

"...don't know how?", she finished for me.

I nodded.

She sighed and leaned forward a bit. "Listen, I know this is the last story you wanna hear right now, but when I got pregnant, I realized I had to tell Tony right away. Imagine if I didn't. You've seen how much of a jerk he is. If I didn't tell him sooner it would've all blown up in my face. Marriage is a lot different from a baby, I know, but you have experience with both of them right? You can't build a marriage off of lies. I don't even though if you intend on spending the rest of your life with Mateo, but then again, I'm not you. Geoffrey may be a bit of an idiot, but you obviously see something in his dumbass that Mateo doesn't have. Now, if that doesn't say something, I don't know what does."

"He's a nice guy, Viri. I don't want to hurt him."

"I think your past that point , Ava. What you don't want is to hurt him even more."