Chapter 23- Moving On?

Things were moving all too fast for me. Not just the fact I had to find a way to try and get over Ava, but also because this year was going to be a busy one for me. I was in Miami, preparing for the taping of the second season of La Voz Kids, which I hoped to win again. There was also the constant practice that came with my tour, which was due to start this summer. And by the beginning of April, which was less than a month away, I had to be prepared for my shows in Mexico.  I had to do it all on my own and after it was all over, I couldn't go home to Ava and the baby like I wanted to. Nope, I was probably going to cone right back to Miami and live out my days miserably.

Was I feeling a little bit too sorry for myself? Yeah, well, maybe I was but I couldn't help it. They say there's these type of stages in a breakup, like a chain of emotions that were supposed to happen after.  They were denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, preferably in that particular order. But that wasn't me. I would experience all the "symptoms", aside from acceptance because I wasn't anywhere near that, at random times and random points in the day all at once. I was always led back to that one question. Why was I even "greiving" a breakup in the first place if I was the one who initiated it? Grieving or not, I couldn't let Ava know it was bothering me anymore.

Jerry was accompanying me during my stay here in Florida, one: because he had nothing better to do and two: because I really wasn't up for being alone. It probably sounds stupid, but I needed someone to vent to. I just really needed to take my mind off things, that was all.

I was sitting on the balcony to my hotel room and over looking the beach. Miami was a really nice place. I had considered moving here once or twice but I didn't want to drag Ava away from everything she knew. Of course now, I didn't have to worry about that anymore. I had to plan my near future as a Latin Pop bachelor against the world.

Well, maybe that was a bit over dramatic but I had been full of drama and pride and a whole entire mess of emotions in the past few months. I wasn't much of a beach guy, but the smell of the ocean air helped to calm me a little bit.

"Wassup with you, man?" asked Jerry.

I looked over at him. "Are you serious?"

"Hell yeah I am." He said. "Because I know you're not gonna hit me with that 'I miss Ava' shit. You don't miss her. Something else must be bothering you because the Geoff I know wouldn't be sitting here not doing shit about a girl that he loves."

"Jerry, can you not?"

"Am I doing something wrong?" he asked. "Did I say something wrong?"

"You're honestly the last guy I want to talk about girl problems with. Are you even still with that Melissa girl anymore?" , I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Her name was Erica, actually. But no, I'm a single man.", he said proudly. "Besides, these are Ava problems, not girl problems. Ava isn't just any girl to you."

"I just really really don't want to talk about her right now." On the outside, I was still trying to play hard to get but on the inside I just wanted her to love me again. Of course, I was too proud to let that show.

Jerry raised an eyebrow. "Alright, man. I dunno why you brought me down here if you're gonna whine the whole time.", he said with a laugh, making his way towards the door.

"Jerry. Yo, wait. I didn't mean it like that. I just don't wanna talk about any of that right now. Besides, where are you going?"

"Out.", he said. "Its my first time in Miami, the weather is nice and the girls are hot. I'm gonna make the most of it."

"Well, wait up. I'll join you."

He gave me a confused look. "You sure that's a good idea, Geoff?"