Chapter 4- Nothing Could Come Between You and Me

Ava's confession made me worry a lot but I didn't tell her. I didn't want to make her feel worse. 

I honstley still felt horrible for going off on her like I did the other day and I was hoping she wasn't beating herself up about it either.

It was the early morning, barely light outside, and I was looking into the symptoms of postpartum depression. I had to know exactly what Ava was suffering through. Yeah, I was on a Wikipedia page on my phone but that was better than nothing.

Decreased appetite. That spoke for itself.

Low Self Esteem. I knew she was already dealing with that, so I could imagine how much worse she felt.

Decreased sex drive. ...And thatprobably explained why we hadn't been intimate in over a year.

A little while later, I heard Ava get up.

"'Morning.", she said tiredly.

"Good morning, mi cielo.", I replied as she went over to take her pills that she had just barely had for a week.

"Ava...why didn't you just take the medication to begin with instead of suffering like this?", i said carefully. It seemed like an obvious decision to choose to take it but I didn't say anything.

"I didn't think....I didnt think that was what's best for the baby. I didn't want that in my system while I was breast feeding and stuff.", she admitted.

"I'd rather you switch him to formula than suffer. Babies pick up on their mother's energy, you know. Plus, its dangerous for you to be feeling s--..." I stopped myself. I couldn't bring myself to say the word suicidal. "...like....like you did when you have a kid. When you have a family."

She sat and seemed to take it in for a.moment. "Yeah...yeah. You're right, Geoffrey."

"Not to be rude, Ava but I know I'm right. I just want what's right for you. That's all that matters, you know?"

"I understand... I really do. It was stupid of me to keep this from you."

"It's not stupid.", I told her. I didn't want our argument to make she feel worse about herself. than she already did.

She sighed and looked down at her hand. Her left hand. "You know, I bet some of them are happy, Geoffrey...", she said, changing the subject.

"What are you talking about?", I asked, confused.

"The fans.", she said quietly, motioning to her ring finger. It really sucked to see that the engagement ring wasn't there anymore.

Then, what she said hit me. Word that our engagement had been called off hit the press quickly. My fans were like the FBI, so I knew they would find out fast too. "About us?"

She nodded "Do they think we've broken up?"

"Well, if they do, they're sadly mistaken.", I said pulling her closer. I didn't expect all my fans to like Ava but at the same time I didn't like them talking shit about her either. I realized the hate she got from some of them wasn't doing a thing to help her depression. "It hurts me almost as much as it hurts you when you get hate, Ava. It hurts to see that they don't understand how happy you make me. But at the same time, you gotta train yourself to ignore it, you know?"

"And how do you do that? Honestly, its all over social media and everything.", she sighed.

"You think I didn't get haters when I first started out? Hell, I still have 'em. It's something you just have to live with"

"Its hard.", said Ava with a defeated tone.

"I know it is." I gave her a kiss on the forehead. "But don't ever think that I would let any out if hate come between us. I could never. What worth more? Twelve years of us being by each other's side or some 140 character lie that you're not good enough for me? No matter how rough shit gets, Ava, it will alwaysbe about you and me. No one else. Te prometo."

She leaned her head on my shoulder and we were quite for a few minutes before she broke the silence.

"You know, you've always been there for me. You have for twelve years.", she said with a smile. it was nice to see her smile. "I just wanna thank you...especially for sticking around all this time.", she sat down next to me.  "Especially this past year."

"What do you mean?"

"I know you're a man with needs, Geoffrey.", she said with a slight smile on her face that made me want to know what exactly was running through her mind.

I was still lost.

She rolled her eyes. "Geoffrey, oh my gosh. We haven't doneanythingin, like forever.",

Then it clicked right after she started kissing me and I decided I wasn't all too against her idea.

"But wait..." I said pulling away. "Its like five o clock in the morning.", I pointed out.

She smirked. "Boy, you've been waiting for this moment for how long and you're worrying about what time it is?"

"Not really...", I admitted.

"Okay, then quit your whining and kiss me", she laughed before picking back up where she left off.

We were at it for a good few minutes and things were just getting good before we heard a weak knock at the door.

"Who the hell could that be this early in the morning?"

Ava pouted as I got up to go check things out. I had to admit it was kinda cute and I was glad she was getting back to her normal self.

"We'll finished this later.", I assured her with a smile.

But the smile was wiped off my face once I opened the door to reveal the familiar but tearstained face of a girl I recognized.

"Uh, Ava? I think you have a visitor...."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

*song for this chapter is "Sure Thing" by Miguel, to describe Ava & Royce's relationship at this point. Cause their love is a sure thing lol. *

okay, so I had to update for you guys since y'all seem to like this story the most. (even better than TUF )

so did you guys like it ?

who do you think is at the door ?

please vote & COMMENT ❤

love y'all