Chapter 1

Spring. A time for renewal,rebirth and a new chapter in life.

The trees and flowers awaking from their slumber to bask in the brilliance of our glorious Sun. The grass and flowers sprung to life, partaking in a gentle dance with each other. With a flurry of wings, a sparrow took off into the distance, singing its merry tune. A family of bunnies scurried our of their burrow before hopping around as if celebrating the arrival of spring.

There in the distance, stood a lonesome hill, covered with a carpet of green. A single beautiful cherry blossom tree stood at its peak,  silently watching over everything. Under it a slab of smooth stone. One by one, the flowers fell gracefully like a parachute, gracing the air as it passed.

Then, a human approached, the crunching of grass under his feet.

"Huff, huff." The harsh and shallow breath of Min Yoon Gi shattered the silence.

Finally, he had reached the top. Falling onto grass, he heaved a sigh of relief.

"Hey." He began, fingers tracing the name engraved on the stone.

Jung Ho Seok.

"It's been a year, Jin hyung and Namjoon finally got their own house, I got promoted to head of department and guess what? I passed the audition! But this is the best part, Jimin found his soulmate! You should've been there he was so excited... you should've been there..." His excitement in his voice trailing off as he got to that part.

"We really miss you. I really miss you. Things haven't been the same. Remember the promise you made me? Well it's a spring day today..." He hinted, a glimmer of hope in his voice.

Though it had been year and Yoongi had accepted the fact that he's never coming back, he still held on tight to the promise Hoseok made him. It's what that's been motivating him to survive life without Hoseok till this day. But deep down, he still regretted not showing his true feelings for him, not knowing how much you really love someone until their really gone.

Yoongi wished he could go back...back to the day they first met...