Chapter 35: Save Him

A/N: Don't stop reading after this chapter, trust me.

Chapter 35

"THANE!" I screamed out just as the loud shrill of the gunshot rung out in the air.

My eyes followed the exact movement of the bullet.

It cut through the air and landed right in Thane's shoulder. An area not covered by his bulletproof vest.

It was an immense sense of déjà vu as the scene before me was an accurate depiction from the nightmares I had been having for all those sleepless nights.

I watched as Thane's wolf whimpered out in agony and his body crumbled to the ground.

The pain from the silver bullet that Thane was feeling suddenly ran through me from our mate bond and I felt like I couldn't breath. It was unbearable and my body wanted nothing more than to drop to the floor from the sudden wave of excruciating pain.

But I couldn't stop.

I had to get to him.

My breaths were labored as I pulled myself upright and stumbled into the battle field.

By some miracle all the other wolves on the field saw what just happened to their alpha and spotted me on the field.

The energy in the air shifted to complete hostility from our end. The wolves on the field all gave me a look of confirmation as they suddenly switched tactics and protected me from the firing guns. Our pack lined up in somewhat of a line on either sides of me that lead to Thane who was crumpled on the field crying out in pain. The wolves took out any humans who dared to cross my path towards my mate.

I trekked across the bloody battle field narrowly missing decapitated human bodies and leaping over dead wolves. My white tennis shoes was covered in the brown of the soil and the red of blood.

I picked up my pace immensely but I felt like I was in one of those bad dreams where it feels like the faster you move your legs, the slower you ran. As much as you try, your legs just wouldn't give.

With our little pea in my stomach in this first trimester, it would be dangerous to hop on a wolf and reach Thane faster. The speed and bumpiness would surely damage the developing baby.

My heart died a thousands times before I finally dropped besides Thane's wolf body laying on the grass floor.

All my senses suddenly rushed back to me and I was finally consumed with Thane's howls of pain at the silver bullet buried within him.

I could practically feel the silver poison burn into his bloodstream and starting to kill him.

"It's going to be okay." I choked out through my heavy breathing.

He whimpered out in agony as I hurriedly unstrapped the vest off of his body. I ripped off one of the straps so that I could stop the blood flow.

'Emery don't.' Thane mind linked me and I could hear the pain in his voice as his body struggled against my hands.

I knew that he knew what I wanted to do, but no amount of pleading on his part was going to stop me.

I had to heal him. If not for him, then for me.

I fastened the strap around his shoulder blade to stop the blood flow before I noticed the knife sticking out of his back.

Before I pulled out the blade, I ripped a piece of my shirt off and another one of the straps off the bulletproof vest.

"This is going to hurt love." I mumbled as I gave him a solemn expression and when he gave me a wolf nod, I pulled the knife out of his back.

Thane immediately released a low tortured growl as I placed the piece of my t-shirt over his wound before wrapping the strap in place to stop the blood loss.