Chapter 23: Impending Doom

Chapter 23

I woke up to the feeling of something brushing lightly across my face, from my hair, to my head and to my nose. I gently opened my eyes to see a grinning Thane above me.

"Good morning love." He smirked before placing a deep kiss on my lips that definitely woke me up if I wasn't already.

When he finally pulled away I smiled up at him, my fiance. It was weird even thinking that.

"Morning." I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

I looked around the room and realized we were in our little house that Thane built for us. After he proposed last night we just sat under the stars, covered in a blanket and talked about any and everything. Since I was almost dead asleep, we decided to stay here and it was our first time truly alone in a house.

But nothing happened except for a heavy make out session.

"How was your first night here?" Thane queried.

"Amazing!" I said falling back into the bed and stretching my arms out, "How are all your beds so soft, I swear it's like a cloud."

He chuckled and corrected me, "Our bed."

"Hmm, maybe I could kick you out and make it my bed." I smirked.

"Do that and you wouldn't get breakfast in bed." It was his turn to smirk at me as I flew up and saw a tray of delectable food placed at the foot of the bed.

"Stay as long as you want." I mumbled before I grabbing the tray and pulling it closer to us.

Thane picked up a pink peony from the tray and offered it to me, "For you my lady."

I smelled the freshly picked flower and set it aside before pecking Thane's cheek, "Keep it up babe."

Thane just laughed before pushing the stack of pancakes closer to me.

I ate like I hadn't eaten in a week and enjoyed my breakfast in bed.

After laying around for a while, Thane decided it was time to go, "We really need to get back now, my mom's waiting for you."

I grumbled and just held onto him tighter, "Why? I'm too lazy to get up."

"Something about wedding dress shopping." He answered.

I looked him dead in the eye, "Already?"

"Yup, you have five days to get everything sorted."

I glared at him, "Uhh no way. I can't prepare a wedding in a week. Are you insane!?"

He just smirked at me, "You have the entire pack to help you and the wedding can be organized today itself if you already had a dress."

I gulped at what he said, "Today?"

"Don't worry, I know you still need some time to wrap your head around how you scored such an amazing guy but we're running out on time love." He cheekily said.

I elbowed him, "Don't be conceited." I rolled my eyes at his arrogant smirk, "I thought wolves didn't do the whole wedding thing though.'

He nodded, "We don't, but you and I are a different story. As you become the Luna we have a ritual to perform to bind you into the pack officially."

I cut him off, "Another ritual? Please tell me it doesn't involve kidnapping."

"It doesn't." He laughed, "It's similar to a wedding with vows and what not but since the Lunas of this pack have always been humans, we treat it as a typical human wedding to ensure you get the full human experience."