Chapter 10: Marry Me

Chapter 10

I finally felt liberated and free again as I exited the little alleyway and saw the forest not too far ahead.

The moment was over faster than I thought possible. In a blink of an eye my freedom was taken away just as fast as I had attained it.

I felt a large, masculine and warm hand clutch onto my wrist, hauling me back into him. I could feel my heart beat rapidly pulsing against my chest, both from running and for what wrath I was about to face. I struggled against his hold but it was of no use, his grasp was like iron chains.

He spun me around to face him and I regret looking into his eyes. There in those brown eyes I grew accustomed to for the past few days were now filled with a fiery and burning anger. Long gone were the soft eyes that held security, care and passion.

I quickly averted my gaze as I felt guilt bubbling inside me, threatening to spill out of my mouth with words of apology...words I dare not say.

"So you're not going to say anything?" His voice was dangerously low and I could feel the anger aimed at me, hitting me like a ton of bricks.

Never being in such a situation with Thane, I didn't know what to do, so I zipped my mouth and threw the key in the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

"Look at me Emery!" He raised his voice as his grip on my wrists tightened.

"You're hurting me." I meekly mumbled. As soon as I said that his grasp loosened incredibly but he still held on to me, probably afraid that I would run again. His eyes flashed sorrow but anger quickly consumed him again.

"Look at me." He repeated as he lowered his voice.

I disobediently looked anywhere but at him.

"What? Cat caught your tongue? First you had the decency to run for the hills and now you wouldn't even look at me?" He growled.

"Stop it!" I yelled finally looking, more like glaring at him, "Stop acting like you're the victim here! Stop pretending like you were worried! And for the love of god stop acting like you actually give a shit about me, as if you actually care if I leave or not."

He growled at me, "You see this is what I don't get! From day one I kept showing you that I do care, yet you keep shoving me away and acting like I'm hurting you! I'm protecting you, can't you see that!"

"Protecting me? The only one you're protecting is yourself. You're afraid that if I got away from here that I would rat you out to the police and you wouldn't have the satisfaction of killing your latest prey."

"When would you get it through that beautiful head of yours that I do care about you?! I would never dare hurt you and I'm not your fucking kidnapper! You're so god damn stubborn."

He removed his hands off me as he brushed his hair back in frustration. If it wasn't for the current predicament I probably would've been a pile of mush as he called me 'beautiful' and his now ruffled hair looked irresistible.

Instead I looked around to find that the surrounding area was eerily deserted. There was suddenly no one walking around in the street outside of the alleyway.

I turned my gaze back at him seeing him waiting for a response. "I'm the stubborn one? You're the one refusing to tell me why I'm here! If you aren't my kidnapper then what the hell are you because you sure aren't my friend at the rate we're going at. You've kept me in the dark for too long. You've kept me away from everyone I love. My family, my friends. Not to mention that you haven't told me why you brought me here!"

"I told I would explain everything when it's time-"

"And when is that? The next time those vile creatures come back for me? Those monsters in the woods? Or are you waiting to sacrifice me to this town's own little pagan ritual to the frickin beast?" I said disgusted.