Chapter 13: Panic Attack

Chapter 13

I started laughing uncontrollably until I couldn't catch my wits, "No, just no." I giggled at his response. I felt like I couldn't breathe at Thane's oddity of a joke.

"No?" He asked incredulous. "Emery I'm telling you the truth, I swear to the Moon Goddess." He said unsmiling with a solemn look.

"Stooop!" I said clutching my stomach in a fit of giggles.

He walked towards me in one long stride and grasped my face with a grim look, "Do I look like I'm joking with you?"

His expression sobered me up but out of all the things I learnt and saw today, this was by far the most ridiculous thing I heard but maybe not the most impossible. "You aren't funny Thane, if you were a comedian you would've sucked." I clarified.

"Emery, I've told you my history and shown you what I am, how could you not believe me?" He asked exasperated.

I looked at him as if he grew two heads, "Thane you just said you're a werewolf so excuse me if I live in the reality side of the world."

"Tell me one thing?" He asked releasing my face.

I rolled my eyes at him, "What?"

"Tell me what you think a werewolf is?" He looked at with a poker face.

With a skeptical look I retaliated with my little knowledge on the supernatural, "Well... from the zero werewolf books I've read, a werewolf is like a hybrid human wolf, animalistic thing."

"Animalistic thing?" He questioned amused.

"Yeah like isn't it a human who shifts into a-" And I stopped mid sentence as a lightning struck me.

"Go on, continue." He nudged.

"How?"

"How?" He asked bewildered. "How is it possible? That means you finally believe me?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself. Just tell me if you're real."

He lifted my hand gently and placed it on his chest, "I'm as real as I can get Emery, I showed you what I am...a werewolf."

My hand began to shake in his grasp and I felt like my entire world was falling apart. All that I ever thought were fairy tales in this world was all a lie?

"Emery are you okay?" Thane asked when I hadn't said a word. But I suddenly felt anxious.

My hand shook uncontrollably and I felt the air being sucked out of my lungs... I was having a panic attack. I fell to the ground on my knees as Thane followed me to the floor.

"Sweetheart you need to breathe." Thane looked absolutely terrified but I didn't have it in me to speak, "Baby look at me and focus on my voice, breath. In and out, deep breaths. Relax I'm right here." He tried calming me down as he pulled me to him on his lap.

"Breathe. Listen to my voice, slowly breathe in and out, in and out." I vaguely heard him.

His scent brought a sense of harmony to me and feeling his heartbeat through his shirt worked. His scent calmed me down and I took a much needed long breath in and calmed my racing heart.

Suddenly the door swung open, breaking the lock, and Dr. Adler from the infirmary walked in.

"Alpha, Luna." He greeted us as he rushed to our sides.

"Adler, she started to shake when I told her what we are, she couldn't breathe, her face went pale and she fell to the floor." Thane recapped by symptoms.