Chapter 6: The End of the World Changes You

Indigo's eyes flicker open groaning, a throbbing pain on her head. She couldn't see anything but darkness, there was what felt a piece of fabric around her face, a blindfold. She began to move but didn't get very far realising her hands and feet were tied.

"Ah, you're awake." She heard Merle's voice beside her say. Indigo breathed at a fast pace trying to untie herself.

She began kicking the chair with both feet like a dolphin that got beached, "untie me! Right now!"

"Chill the kid down, Merle! I'm trying to drive!" Someone from the front said, she felt herself get pushed back into a sitting position. It was quite hard so she took that as a warning to settle down.

"Have Stevens prep the infirmary." She heard another voice say, this time with more authority hinted in it. She assumed that was the leader from back in the woods.

A man came through a radio, "How many?"

"Four." The leader counted from the top of his head, "One with multiple fractures and severe burns. Another in and out of consciousness, probably shock and dehydration."

"And the third?"

"She's fine."

"Female?"

"Three. One male as well. Found them hiding in the woods." Indigo gathered he was talking about them, "Bringing a homework assignment for you, so open the lab."

"Do tell."

"At the gates in five minutes, get off the radio." The leader told him.

"Well, what is it?"

"Now, Milton!" He ordered and static was heard from the radio. Indigo grew impatient pushing herself off the seat, in the process managing to slip off her blindfold, her arms felt like jello and her head was heavy.

She squinted her eyes looking around the vehicle before being dragged back up onto the seat by Merle. She managed to get a glimpse outside of the window, she couldn't see many cars, but there were men with guns guarding a wall. Indi tried to take in as much as she could. Her eyes still blurry turned her attention back to her surroundings within the car looking for her friends. Her eyes were only to be met with Merles. He replaced her blindfold so the girl couldn't see anymore. Indigo felt frightened, exhausted and hungry with a fading willpower to try and escape.

~~~~~~

Indigo fiddled with the marble Michonne gave her nervously. She placed it in her pocket looking around the room, it was white reminding her of a doctors office. The ones her mumma took her when she was sick. Indi looked at her hands, they were all muddy with smudges of blood stained into her skin. Her thoughts were interrupted when the door creaked open, a woman entered quietly.

Indigo didn't speak just in case they used whatever she said against them. She had not seen any sign of her group since back at the crash site and she sure as hell didn't like being alone. The woman examined her quietly shining a torch into her eyes. Indigo cautiously watched her. She grabbed a bandaid printed with cartoons and covered her cuts as if that was going to make her feel better.

"What's your name?" The woman asked and Indigo didn't answer. The woman noticed her reluctance to speak.

"We won't hurt you." She said, "What's your name?"