Chapter Six; The One Where He Cries

Jaxon

Right now I'm confused.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to feel.

Yesterday neither Genevieve or Nick showed up, not that I care much about the later -he can just give me answers.

Today she did come, I know she did because when I passed her in the hall she took off.

The stupid teacher wouldn't let me in there.

I won't be able to see her again until school's over.

And she's avoiding me.

So now I feel bad, and sick like somethings wrong. Something is wrong, I feel like my heart's pinched and being pulled in her direction -but she's everywhere I'm not.

Now I'm standing in the hall, Genevieve is unaware at her locker.

I'm rooted in my spot because at my locker I recognize Ant's small frame digging around, and it's all the way down the hall.

That being said I'm happy, in fact I'm really happy.

I've missed my best friend so much, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her but something's wrong with my girl and I know it's bad.

She wouldn't avoid me if it's bad, she wouldn't hide her face.

But I can't just ignore her and I can't ignore Ant, if I go straight to Genevieve she'll probably run away and then Ant will see and stop me from following her.

If I go to Ant she'll probably make a commotion and by the time I escape her evil clutches called a hug Genevieve will be gone.

So I don't know what to feel.

I don't know what to do.

Suddenly Noah and Cali cross in front of me, I make a split second decision and grab him by the front of his shirt.

Instantly he cringes and his eyes widen. "What did I do this time?"

"Ant's at my locker. Go say hi." I drop him, instantly he takes off down the hall.

Their commotion makes Genevieve turn around, she finally spots me when I slide in front of her, successfully trapping her between myself and the lockers. "Jaxon..." She gasps, backing up into her open locker.

"What wrong?" I ask, not expecting it when she flinches. I step back slightly, realizing for once she might be afraid of me.

I grew to Neighbor's height- -much to Ant's dismay of me being as tall as her boyfriend so she can't make fun of me- -which is 6'5. She's only 5'5 or 5'6, which makes me dwarf her. Despite having curves she's skinny, and I'm made of muscle.

People like me could really hurt people like her.

But for some reason I never thought she would be afraid of me, afraid of my status maybe, the rumors about me.

Not me.

"I won't, I won't hurt you." I stammer, taking another step back. "Genevieve." I say, but she flinches again.

"Just stay away from me Jax." She says, quickly slamming her locker shut and taking off down the hall.

I don't know why but this is like a slap in the face, and not just because she doesn't want me around her.

She called me Jax, she never calls me that. Instead she says my real name, knowing I refer that over what all the bad people in my life call me. At least she didn't say JV.