Chapter One; The One Where She's Drunk

Jaxon 

We won our game easily, and the after party was full of cocky football players talking up drunk girls. As always Nick avoided me the entire night, even going as far as to claim his mom needed him home to leave, not thinking while shit-faced that his sister was there too.

I stood in the corner, having lost Noah and Cali to a room upstairs a while ago.

I don't even know why I go to these things, I don't even enjoy them anymore. With my best friend gone there's no one to make fun of drunk people with, and I can't go ape shit without someone having my back. I can't black out without knowing someone is there for me, and I don't even drink anymore, since there's no one to drive me home. 

I do get a kick out of being able to beat up Nick every time he shows his face, him being stupid enough to challenge me every time he complains to his nightly hoe and they work up his confidence only to leave him bleeding on the ground when I kick his ass. 

Most night's I would rather race, or be with my family.

But I don't.

Instead I'm here.

And for some reason I really want to see Genevieve, and I want a nickname for her. I can't keep calling her by her first name, and I can't call her Gen or Vive like everyone else. 

I need something that's actually her, not just her facade.

The alcohol fumes must be getting to me, because I can't believe I just thought that. 

From watching her I realized she's a introvert, despite the cheery nature and disposition as a cheerleader. The reason she talks around me, about nothing at all and everything important, is because her own friend group don't let her talk at all. 

She's brutally honest if you ask her a question, and she hates sugar coating things when the truth will come out anyway. Instead of lying to spare feeling she just tells them she won't answer a question, and when I ask her something she doesn't want me to know she just flat out tells me that then continues ranting.

I know she hates tight clothes and likes her hair down because it hides her face- -I carry around spare hair ties on my wrist now, so I can put her hair up when she's around me. She looks better that way after all- -and she doesn't like it when she has to stunt. 

Genevieve really does hate spiders, when I pointed one out that was crawling towards her as a warning she literally climbed up me and wouldn't get down until I killed it. 

She also got scared when my lungs decided to make me cough for thirty seconds straight in the middle of her lecture on the differences between Cola and Pepsi, she squeaked loudly and I had to spend the rest of the hour convincing her I was okay and didn't need to visit the nurse.

Her favorite color is grey and maroon, based on her favorite quote, which is 'The world is not black and white, that's why we bleed red.' and unlike most girls when I told her my favorite band was Green Day, she said she prefers the Eagles to them, and Blink 182 over AJR. 

I love her smile, and when Noah asked me how she actually managed to be my friend and make me smile I told him hers was contagious, how one side always lifts before the other one and how she seems to pout for a second after giggling but that's because she's stopping herself from doing it again. He just gave a look and shook his head, Cali laughed manically and Noah dragged her away before she could say anything.

She asks me questions about myself, nothing intrusive, just basic things she wants to know. For the most part I like to just sit and listen to her, and we've fallen into the routine of her sitting between my outstretched legs or against my chest so I can put in a bun.