Chapter Thirty One

Annabelle's PoV

I was startled awake as ice cold water was poured all over my head. I tried to hold onto the dream with Jax for as long as I could, but the shock of the cold forced me out of my unconscious state and back into the real world.

"Wakey wakey little Annabelle, we have a surprise for you" a voice sang.

I looked up through my semi sleep hazed eyes and came face to face with the guys that smells like Alpha Parker, I really had to learn his name.

"What do you want?" I grumbled. The silver around my wrists and ankles were causing me too much pain to care about how I addressed him at the moment. It probably wasn't the best idea to get grumpy with your captor though, especially one who didn't mind throwing the odd kick your way.

"Watch who you're talking to bitch" someone growled at me and I looked up to see a new person standing next to Alpha Parker's scent double. He stood tall, almost 6'6, with broad shoulders and tribal style tattoos running down both of his arms.

"Easy Sebastian, she's alright" the scent double chuckled as he took in my fearful expression. "I just wondered if you wanted to see the show" he continued as he took up his regular stance of leaning against the door frame.

I frowned "What show?"

"Well we just thought that as we're going to kill your parents and the four members of your pack, you'd like to watch? We're going to put on a little show you see. The guys here have been so bored lately and I think they deserve a bit of entertainment, don't you think?"

Bile rose in my throat at the thought of having to watch anyone die. "Why are you doing this? You have me so why not just let them go?" I pleaded, hoping to do as I'd promised to Jax and delay him as much as I could.

He chuckled "and let them run straight back to that pathetic Alpha of yours and tell them where you are? I don't think so love".

Xavier, who had been quiet throughout the interaction between us, growled at the mention of Jax being weak.

"Oh cool it Beta, I'll get to you in a minute" the scent double shot back as he gestured Sebastian with his head towards Xavier.

I watched in horror as Sebastian stalked over to Xavier and proceeded to punch and kick him wherever he could. Being restrained in silver there wasn't much Xavier could do to deflect the blows, he had no choice but to lay there and take it.

Sebastian held Xavier's head up by the hair at his nape and kneed him in the face causing blood to spew out and a large cut to form on the bridge of his nose before dropping him to the floor and repeatedly kicked him in the ribs.

"No please stop... I'll do anything... please?!" I screamed as I saw Xavier's eyes role into the back of his head.

"Anything hu?" The scent double questioned as he gestured Sebastian to stop.

I nodded, unable to get any words out through the tears that were streaming down my face. Oh Xavier.

"Sever your mate bond with your Alpha and mate with me" the scent double growled as a sinister smirk appeared on his face.

"W-What?" I stuttered, not able to comprehend what he was asking me.

"You heard me, end all your ties with Alpha Jax and willingly mate with me".

He had pushed himself off the door frame and had come to squat in front of me as I lay on the ground in a puddle of water and Xavier's blood.

"But...why?"

"Why not" He countered as he continued to stare into my eyes.

"But you said you didn't want a mate, that mates were designed to make werewolves weak so why would you want to be mated to me?" I was so confused.