Chapter 34: Battlefield and Bodies

Start from the beginning

"We will all be fine mom." Thane tried to comfort her with a hug.

"You better ensure that Thane." She said before she pulled away from the hug. "Take care of our pack son."

"I will mom. You have my word." Thane pledged.

"But take care of yourself as well. You have a wife and child to protect now too." Anne looked at me with a sad smile.

"They're my world, I wouldn't let anything happen to them." Thane asserted as he gazed at me with such intensity and honesty.

Anne glanced between the both of us before she walked off to the kitchen.

As I looked back to Thane, I could see him growing more worried by the second so I took his hand in mine, "Let me help you get ready."

I grabbed his bullet proof gear and lead him outside.

Before he shifted, I pulled his face to mine and joined our lips in one last passionate kiss. I poured my heart into it and every single ounce of love that I felt for this man. He reciprocated tenfold as if this was our last kiss ever. And it could be. And that scared me.

As I pulled away to catch my breath, Thane placed one last kiss on my forehead as a single tear slid down my cheek. His thumb wiped it off my face.

"Smile for me love." He lifted my head so that he could have a good look at me.

"What if I can't?" I murmured.

He remained silent for a moment before he thought it over.

"Remember the night of the ritual? When I took you to the waterfall and you had no idea who I was?" He wondered.

"I remembered it as if it was yesterday." I stated.

"Then you must remember the first connection we made." He mused as I looked at him in confusion. "The first physical connection." He clarified.

I played the night over in my mind and smiled from ear to ear when I remembered what he was talking about. The first time we actually touched.

"I kneed you in the balls." I grinned proudly.

"That you did." He beamed down at me. "There's that beautiful smile of yours. That's what will get me through this battle."

I nodded, "You better get through it Balls of Steel."

He chuckled as I stepped back and let him shift in his wolf.

In an instant he was covered in his black fur and his gleaming red eyes pierced my soul.

I grabbed the armor and placed it on his back and attached all the straps to ensure it didn't fall off during battle.

When I was finished strapping him in, he positioned himself in front of me and nuzzled his nose between my shoulder and neck, where his mark laid, before licking it.

"Eww, you're so gross." I crinkle my nose even though the gesture was to symbolize our bond.

He made a sound like he was laughing and his teeth was bared in a grin but it looked more scary than cute.

'See you later sweetheart.' Thane mind linked me as he backed away.

'I love you.' I mind linked him.

'I love you Emery.'

I looked on as he quickly dashed away from the house and towards the battlefield as it felt like he was leaving me forever.

~~~

Thane's POV

I stood on all four of my paws in the front line of my pack of werewolf warriors. There were around four hundred of us since there were a lot of children and elders in the pack who couldn't fight.