Chapter 61 | Revelations

Start from the beginning

"Stay out of this, Meredith. This doesn't concern you," Alastor scolded the girl playfully and she rolled her eyes before spinning back around to the front.

"Where have you been, Minerva?" Florean asked, shaking his head at Minnie who stuck her tongue out at him in response, choosing not to reply.

"We've been worried sick!" Charlus added, placing a hand on his chest dramatically as he pretended to wipe tears from his eyes whilst Alastor patted him consolingly on the back.

"How could you do this to us?" Alastor finished, holding Charlus close as he pretended to wail, Minerva looking on in exasperation and amusement.

"Stop mucking about," Pomona scolded them with a slight smile and Florean's mouth fell open in mock surprise, "We are not mucking about!" he insisted, batting his eyelashes innocently.

"I can't believe you would think that our worries are a joke!" Charlus exclaimed, widening his eyes as Eugenia giggled to herself, enjoying the scenario way too much.

"We were genuinely concerned with where our darling Minnie was!" Alastor added with a pout and Minerva threw up her hands in frustration and exasperation.

"Fine! If you must know, I was with Mia," she told them with a sigh, glaring at everyone else who was eavesdropping so that many people turned away, their curious expressions dropping.

Charlus' and Alastor's smirks faded for a second but Florean's smile only widened as he exchanged a joyful look with both Eugenia and Pomona.

"You're friends with her again?" Eugenia asked Minnie with a smile and the girl nodded with a matching smile in reply as Florean and Pomona high fived one another.

Charlus bit his lip as Minerva began to explain how she and Euphemia had made up, wondering whether Mia would ever willingly forgive him for his cruel ignorance and horrible treatment of her.

"I wish it could be that easy for me," Charlus muttered to Alastor who sent him a sympathetic glance in return but their small interaction was interrupted as the conversation between the rest of their friends stilted.

Minnie had stopped talking, a stricken expression on her face as Florean, Pomona and Eugenia all stared at her in curiosity.

By the looks of it, Minerva wasn't telling them something about what had happened between her and Mia and the rest of them wanted to know because Minnie was acting rather strangely.

"What is it, Min?" Florean asked persistently, growing a little anxious now due to Minerva's slightly anguished expression on her face.

"I can't tell you. Not here," Minnie mumbled as the majority of the class were listening at this point as Professor Binns rambled on in the background, forgotten.

"Oh, c'mon! It was just about to get interesting!" a Hufflepuff guy named Malcolm called from the back of the classroom.

The entire group in the middle span around to face him, narrowing their eyes and sending daggers in his direction. Malcolm looked slightly alarmed, holding up his hands in surrender.

"Just because your life isn't interesting doesn't mean you can get involved in other people's, Malcolm," Pomona said to him fiercely and the class exploded into laughter as a series of 'oohs' sounded through the room.

"That was a good one," Lyall remarked with a chuckle, having given up on actually taking notes in the class due to no one else actually paying Binns any attention whatsoever.

The bell rung then and everyone cheered, standing up and rushing out of the door as Alastor told everyone to meet at the tapestry room to continue the conversation because Minnie agreed to telling them there.