eighteen ; for jericho

Mulai dari awal

“Simon, we thought you were dead,” Markus told him, breaking free from the hug.

Simon pointed to me, and I straightened up as Markus shot me a stare. I felt nervous.

“She saved me, Markus.”

One look at me, and Jericho’s leader already knew.

“You’re human.”

I nod. “Yes... But I’m not on the side of my kind.”

“She’s what?”

A female android and a male android turns the corner. Simon stands beside me while the three of them are in front of us.

“Simon!” The two newly arrived deviants hug Simon, and take their place back next to Markus.

“I— How—?” The tall, dark-skinned male android asks, referring to Simon.

“Her,” He says, gesturing to me. “She saved me from the humans.”

The female android let out a gasp. “But you’re human, you can’t possibly be on our side!”

“I am,” I tell all of them. “I know it’s hard to believe, and I know you won’t trust me, but there are others who believe in your cause, too.”

“I trust her,” Simon said. “She helped me. If it weren’t for her, I would be dead right now.”

I shot him a small smile.

“What’s your name?” Markus asked.

“Florentine Scamander.”

“I believe Simon,” The leader says. “And I trust you, Florentine.”

The other two androids shot a look at Markus, but then softened when they looked at me.

“Thank you for helping our friend,” The tall one says.

The female android nods. “And for believing in our cause.”

“I’m Josh.”

“North.”

I smiled at them, and Markus nodded at me.

“Welcome to Jericho.”

________

“This is suicide. We'll all be killed! Please, Markus. It's not too late to change your mind,” North pleads.

We were at the mall, and no, we weren’t going to go shopping.

After all the introductions and explanations earlier, Markus revealed that he had a plan to talk to the humans

And he was going to execute it here.

“You don't understand,” Josh tells North. “We're finally gonna show them who we really are. This place will go down in history!”

“We'll be killed on the spot!”