eighteen ; for jericho

(thank you for 1.02k reads <3)

d e t r o i t — 2 0 3 8

It took an invisibility cloak and hard work to get no one to notice Simon with me going down the elevator.

There was a close call, with some old dude almost bumping into the android.

Yes, an invisibility cloak — that was the parcel I wrote the Minister for, since Nana’s best friend, Granddad Harry has possession of one. I asked her to ask him if I could borrow it.

I knew Nana was going to accept my request. She trusted me enough to send me to Detroit, and now I’ll go and fight for the androids’ freedom, which she understood quite perfectly.

Simon and I got to the parking area safely, and I wondered how to get him into my car without anyone noticing an invisible android going in.

Shit.

I made sure no one was looking when I turned to the android. “Simon.”

“Yes?” he whispered almost inaudibly.

“I need you to go to the passenger seat of my car as soon as I open the driver’s seat. Act fast, alright?”

He muttered a small ‘okay’ as we were nearing my car.

Opening it, I felt the invisibility cloak brush my hand before I went in. I closed the car door beside me, and Simon removed the cloak.

We both breathed out sighs, and I put a hand on the steering wheel.

“So, where is Jericho?”

________

“Turn right there, and see that huge freighter? That’s Jericho.”

I find somewhere unnoticeable, and I park the car there. Simon and I get out.

The invisibility cloak was inside my coat pocket, which had an extension charm so it fit perfectly, without any hassle.

“Here, I’ll show you the way,” Simon leads me to the entrance, and through dark hallways.

I have to cast a lumos and hold my wand up to light our way.

Simon, though, seemed like he knew every inch of the ship. He guides me through the walk, pointing out loose flooring and fragile ceilings.

I made a point to myself that omce this is all over, I’ll help fix Jericho up.

I made small changes, though, shooting a random reparo to a broken wall or a loose door.

“Wait,” Simon holds up a hand in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

He was looking straight, and I followed his sight.

An android on the far end of the room was walking towards us, head down in thought.

He didn’t seem to notice we were here.

“It’s Markus,” Simon states.

Markus, like, their leader? The one that made the broadcast in Stratford Tower?

I took a few steps backward, since the people here probably assumed Simon was dead because they left him at the rooftop.

Markus finally saw Simon standing there, and he looked at him in pure shock before engulfing him in a hug.

I leaned on the wall, smiling a little as the two reunited.

If I didn’t knew who they were, I would’ve mistaken them for brothers if I saw them.