Chapter Four

As soon as I closed the door behind me I rid myself of my bag. Looking around the hotel I had gained a quick appreciation of what was apparently Namjoons' architecture.

Even though I knew we were technically inside, I felt as though I was in the middle of a town plaza, with tables and chairs sat against walls and a garden in the middle, walking stones leading through out. In the center of the makeshift park was a little pond and a bench.

I wanted to walk around and take in my surroundings before heading up to my room, Jimin didn't seem fond of me. And as I walked, I recounted my day, taking in information little by little, reteaching myself.

I knew from observation that Jungkook liked Taehyung, and that Taehyungs' eyes hadn't left Hoseok's face more than necessary. Jin was hiding something, maybe shame, definitely not dignity. Jimin just wanted to leave, you could tell by his poster and tone of voice he didn't want to be here. But none of us did.

I think Namjoon is scared, it's justifiable though. He's new to all this, the feeling of power running through your veins. It's like being able to feel every second of your blood flow if you can't teach yourself to ignore it. When I was younger I used to have to tap into my power, focus really hard to use it, but now it was my second nature.

Our parents are crazy, to put a human in charge, especially one so young. He holds himself on a platform, where he feels like he has to always hold himself up. He doesn't though, gods have many nasty traits. My blood is founded off two brothers bedding one another.

Taehyung is the god of sex, beautiful sex, but sex nontheless. I sleep all day, and when I'm awake I haul dead bodies from place to place, wiping blood on my jeans and taking their exposed bones for Holly to play with. Jungkook has killed a man for tying his shoes incorrectly.

The ways we're portrayed are crazy. We aren't all some powerful, respectable, handsome god. No, in reality with are just bad people with no manners. Narcissistic cunts. All of us.

I sighed as I stepped along the stone path, kicking small pebbles towards the water.

When I was younger I found interest in things as simple as taking a stroll, now I find a much needed silence.

It was getting darker above me, we arrived at the dinning hall when the sun was still high in the sky, just beginning to sink. I was tired now, my eyes threatened to close against my will.

Lights turned off above me. A door opened slowly, and closed silently. A tall figure released a puff of air and pulled his hoodie strings tightly, his hoodie closing over his eyes.

I watched as the man walked towards the edge of the balcony and pushed himself onto the ledge, taking a seat on the half built wall. I blinked up at him, but who appeared to my younger brother took no notice of me, and with a sigh, I stomped my feet and landed with a huff next to him.

He pulled back his hood and looked over at me, scowling.

"Go away Yoongi, you have a twink to take care of." He mumbled, looking away from me and peering across the lobby floor from above.

"Oh fuck off Kook, he's your friend. You didn't threaten to murder him at dinner." I said calmly, looking towards the small pond on the ground floor.

"He isn't my friend." He pouted

"You didn't kill him. It was an act of pure love." I joked, nudging him with my elbow, "Now- who pissed in your Cheerios?"

He shook his head, "Since when do you care?", his voice was cold, I could tell his head was very far off.

"Brother, since when don't I care, it isn't my fault you like to act like you aren't still a kid." I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets and breathed out slowly, "I'm only trying to help."

He looked down at his lap, "I know, I know- I'm sorry." He looked over at me, "That Taehyung guy, you know anything about him?"

I shifted, "Uh- depends. What do you want to know?"

He shrugged and looked away again.

"Well-," I said, "I know he likes Hobi."

"Hoseok likes me though, doesn't he?" Jungkook asked.

I nodded and puffed up my cheeks. Next to me Jungkook was deflated.

I leaned closer to him, our shoulders touching.

"Listen Kook-" I sighed, "-Sometime it's easiest to think like a human being."

"Why?" He wrinkled his nose, "They die, they are weak, they are disgusting."

"They have invented many things no one intended for them to though."

"What does that have to do with us? So what they created a few foods and the Internet." He argued, "Were the ones who made them. It was us. We did that."

"Yes- But we didn't watch them after they started evolving. They took their mortality and used it to cram themselves with so much information before their time runs out. They taught themselves their own limitations."

Jungkook shook his head, "And?"

"In 100 years they fall In love and get their hearts broken over and over. In 100 years they invent the internet and cars and save animals. They build sky scrapers and make beautiful music. In 1000 years you haven't fallen in love once. You haven't had a kid, you haven't invented anything. You haven't saved a species and you haven't composed something. You're famous for power and if I'm being completely honest it's incredibly unfair." I explained. He shrugged and looked back at his rooms door.

"But- But what if he doesn't like me back hyung" he said, his voice flat and his expression blank.

I looked across the hotel once more, "You haven't had your heart broken once in 1000 years either.