Chapter-21

Ayaan's outfit

Author's POV

Three months later....

  The Parkers and Malhotras are now in Rachel's house. The house is crowded with relatives. As per the agreement between the two families all the pre-wedding rituals will he done as per the Indian tradition. The wedding will be performed in Western style. No media is allowed to the rituals and the security is very tight. 
     Tina stood from where she sat before and asked for the attention of the crowd. She began to speak, "Today is the beginning of our son's wedding rituals. As there are many people who don't know about our rituals, I would like to speak about it. I will make it as short as possible. Our weddings start with 'Roka' which is a pre wedding ceremony where two families(of both grooms) will be united and share gifts. This ceremony is followed by 'Sangeet' where both families dance, compete and celebrate the union. After that 'Haldi ki Rasam' in which both the grooms will be applied with 'Haldi'.(turmeric paste) Then our grooms are so ready for the wedding. I'm very happy to see you all here in the Roka of my only son, Ayaan." 
  Everyone cheered as they got clarity of what is happening and all are now focusing on Ayaan. He is so nervous that his heart slipped to his stomach. Rachel pushed him to stand up and go to his mother. Rose also did the same a took her son and walked towards Tina. Boys were made to seat beside each other on a sofa. There were elders in the ceremony, the list includes Ayaan's  grandmother, Raj's cousins. They seemed happy but no one knows what they were thinking inside. They all know about the contract. Thus they chose to remain silent. 
   Tina walked towards Andrew who sat beside his son. She has a thali( big plate) in her hands. The thali has a branded suit, sweets, expensive bracelet and a gold chain. She handed it to the boy who is soon to be her son-in-law. She kissed his forehead and said, " The bracelet and chain was made by melting our family bangles. Those bangles have the blessings of our ancestors. I thought of giving them to my daughter in law one day but as there will be only a son in law for me,  i have made these out of those bangles. Keep them as a reminder of your responsibility towards my son. I entrusting my son to you. Please keep him happy." She had tears in her eyes. By seeing his mother in tears, Ayaan felt his heart wrenched. Andrew saw how worried mother in law is. He spoke, " Tina, you can rest assure. Your son will be happy and safe with me . I will never forget my responsibility." Tina walked back after kissing her son as well.
     Rose also had a thali in her hands, she graciously walked towards Ayaan and gave it to him. The thali had same things as the other thali had but the bracelet was engraved with the Parkers family name on it, which is only worn by Parkers. "Ayaan, Andrew has got everything in his life but he couldn't get enough love as we, his parents always busy. He had the most artificial life one can ever had. I only wish you to make him experience what true love is as a normal couple. I know you love my son. You are not greedy and I am lucky to get you to my son. Please make him happy", Rose delivered and hugged Ayaan. Both became emotional which warmed the viewers heart. 
    Rachel was enjoying this melodrama. She turned to Chris who sat next to her and said. Chris was all lost wetting his suit and wiping the falling tears. He was such a mess and Rachel laughed at that. "Have you ever seen an Indian Soap??"  She asked him. "No. Why you asked??" "This is what all you get to see in them. I am already immune to it."
     As the exchange of gifts is done both the grooms were asked to take blessings from the elders. Raj and Nick hugged each other as they are a family now so did Tina and Rose. Parents turned towards their sons and said, "Now you are booked for each other." Ayaan tensed up beside Andrew which made the big guy chuckle his heart content. 
   Rachel did not let the chance to slide and landed next to the couple to tease Ayaan. "Well done, brother. Now this billionaire is yours", she whispered. "Shut up, Rachie. This is just Roka not a wedding. He is not totally mine yet", the boy said non-chalantly turning crimson red. 
    Everyone enjoyed the food arranged for this pre wedding ceremony. Relatives of Ayaan didn't brought the issue of their boy marrying another man much to the Tina's surprise. She was sure who might have made them understand. Her mother in law was a good woman after all. She always tried to keep her family united. She even kept the children of her siblings together leading to large family gatherings. She never expected everyone to come but all showed up. That is the power of her mother in law.
   It was already evening. Parkers bid good bye and left. Now there were only Malhotras in Rachel's house. Nisha managed to accommodate everyone in her house. Tina entrusted her friend in that.
   Ayaan sat alone on a swing in the lawn. Sakshi saw her grandson sitting all alone. She slowly reached him without disturbing his thoughts and sat on a chair arranged beside the swing. Ayaan didn't notice her presence. She cleared her throat to grab the attention of the boy. She saw a bright smile on the boy's face as soon as he saw her.
" I won't ask you whether you are happy with this wedding because it is obvious that you might not. I'm sorry for getting you in this position", she said. Guilt was written all over her face. 
"Grandma, do you remember once narrating a story about a beauty and the beast?? I even asked you how the beauty can love an ugly beast. You said to me that true love comes in different ways. So here I am, grandma. Although it was a forceful marriage at first, now I love him and he loves me. Maybe destiny brought us here," Ayaan spoke flushing red. Grandma saw how her grandson is blushing and felt relieved.
"So, you are not cursing your dead grandpa," she exclaimed giggling. "Of  course, not grandma", Ayaan whined dramatically. They both laughed their heart content.
Ayaan kept his head on his grandma's lap and listened to what grandma was saying. She talked about how modern she became now. She also said that she is watching k-dramas which surprised Ayaan. He missed this kind of talk with her. They both chatted and soon Ayaan drifted into a slumber.

 They both chatted and soon Ayaan drifted into a slumber

Roka thali

Bracelet

Bracelet

---@-@----

Hope you like this chapter
If you have any regards or confusion u can comment and we would try to answer it.😘