Chapter 18

3rd Person POV

Jughead and Archie held onto each other for an hour or so. Just dancing, until Archie's mom knocked on the door.

Everyone had congregated back into the living room, and Gertrude had left by then. Needing to head to the airport. Now it was just Toni, Betty, Sweet Pea, Fangs, T-bone, Alice and FP.

FP answered the door, “Hey Mary. What's up?”

“Is Archie still here?” she asked.

“Umm. I haven't seen him and Jughead in a while. Last thing I knew Jughead was asleep on the couch. They might be up in Jug's room.” he said. “Jelly, can you get them?”

“Its J.B.” she said as she walked upstairs and just opened the door, saying “So that's what you've been up to?”

Archie, startled, jumped at the sound of her voice and Jughead turned around to see her standing in the doorway. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough. Archie's mom is downstairs.” she said and walked downstairs.

The two boys looked at each other and then headed downstairs without a spoken word. When they got downstairs, everyone looked at them and Mary said “Archie. I know it's before I told you, but I would like to meet my partner and her daughter.”

“What? You said probably next week.” he said, instinctively grabbing Jugheads hand

“Well, they came up to surprise me and I'd like you to meet them.” she said, sounding apologetic.

“Only if Jughead comes with me.” he said

“Okay. That's fine.” she smiled “As long as it is okay with his parents.”

“You mean my dad?” Jughead asked, “In case you didn't hear, my mom hung herself in a jail cell.”

Archie looked at him and mouthed “Jughead, it's fine she didn't mean anything by it.”

He nodded and then looked at his dad, honestly, he would be going regardless of what he said, but he let the formality happen.

F.P. just sighed, and nodded, knowing that Jughead was going anyway, as they all walked out the door.

When they got there, Mary hollered in the house “Hey, I'm back. Archie and his boyfriend are with me.”

A girl a little older than the boys came around the corner. She had blue hair, a short skirt, black band t-shirt, and fishnets on. She also had a giant purple hearing aid on one side and a cochlear implant visible on the other, where her hat was up. “Hi. I'm Felicity.” she introduced herself.

Archie smiled and stuck out his hand, “Hi. I'm Archie, and this is Jughead.”

“What kind of name is Jughead?” she laughed.

“What kind of name is Felicity?” he retorted.

“Fair point. Mom should be around here somewhere.” she said.

“Mom?” Archie asked.

“Yeah.” she replied, as a gal came downstairs. She had shorter black hair that came down to her shoulders and a flannel on.

“Oh, Hi!” she said coming up to them, “You must be Archie based on your hair.”

He laughed, “Yeah. This is Jughead, my boyfriend.”

She stuck out her hand to shake Jughead’s, when Jughead flinched. She looked too similar to Gladys for Jugheads comfort. But he simply smiled and shook her hand anyway. She seemed confused but didn't bring it up, “I'm Alexis. Do you guys want to stay for dinner? Or what do you guys usually do?”