Chapter 2

Melody's pov

Smh how long is a turf war round?? Thorny should be here by now. ((Thorny is Thorn's nickname))

I was sitting there playing some cheap ass game on my Squidphone. Then, some fucking pink dude came up to me and sat on the chair that was across from me.

"Hello sweetie~ you new here? I haven't seen you around before," he said rather flirtatiously. I looked up from my Squidphone and stared into his pink eyes. "Yeah. I moved here yesterday with my friend. I'm waiting for her to come back after playing turf war," I explained.

The man leaned slightly into his chair. "Well, why didn't you go with her?" he asked. "I don't have a weapon, also I wasn't really in the mood," I replied.

The man then smiled as he got up from the chair. "Here! I'll buy you a weapon and some clothes!" He said as he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the weapon shop.

I looked around the weapon shops. There were many types of weapons ranging from shooters to rollers to chargers.

"So, what do you think fits you the most?" the guy asked.

I shook my head. "Woah, woah, woah. If you're gonna drag me to this place, at least tell me your name first!" I stated. The man grinned. "Oh, right. The name's Aloha," he replied while winking. "I'm Melody," I said.

"Okay so what weapon do you want?" Aloha asked.

I looked around and thought about my options.

Shooters are nice, but they're also kinda... lame. Chargers are only good if you're good, which I'm not.

I then spotted a slightly large weapon that looked like a paint roller.

"Hey what's that?" I asked, pointing to the weapon.

"That? That's a Splat Roller. They're pretty powerful," Aloha replied.

I picked up the weapon and decided to try it out. It was heavy at first, but I quickly got used to it. The weapon completely destroyed the training dummies they had in the training area.

"I like it!" I cheered. Aloha smiles as he puts cash down to pay for the weapon.

"Y-you're paying?!" I asked shocked. Aloha grinned and nodded. "Don't worry, it doesn't cost that much anyway," he replied, a smile still on his face.

We then went to go shopping for clothing. I ended up choosing a Sneaky Beanie, a Black Sweater, and a pair of Punk Blacks.

"They suit you," Aloha complimented while doing a playful wink. I rolled my eyes.

We sat at some tables near the shops.

"So, what exactly is your friend's name and what does she look like?" Aloha asked, typing something into his phone. "Her name is Thorn. She has long tentacles, and wears some clothes that she bought in our hometown," I replied. I lightly tapped my chin. "Though she did say that she wanted to buy new ones, and she also tried to buy some new ones earlier-"

"Hey, is that the Melody chan you were talking about!?" A blue inkling shouted as he pointed at me. "Yeah," I heard Thorn replied rather tiredly.

I looked at Thorn and smiled. "So, you're back from turf war, who's this?" I asked, pointing to the three blue inklings.

Thorn put her hands behind her neck. "Uh, these are three inklings I played turf wars with. They decided to follow me here," she replied.

"Hi, I'm Goggles!" Goggles cheered as he came up close to me.

"Um, hi, I'm Melody," I replied. I looked at the other two blue inklings. "And... who are you two?" I asked.

"I'm Headphones-chan." "And I'm Glasses-kun." They both replied.

Then, a blue inkling with short tentacles and a bobble hat came up to us. "I'm back, guys!" She cheered. She was smiling with her eyes closed.

She looked at Thorn and I. "Who are you?" She asked. "I'm Melody, and this is my friend Thorn," I replied. "We played turf wars with Thorn and it was super fun!" Goggles cheered. The inkling still was smiling. "I'm Bobble-chan, nice to meet you!" She chuckled.

Goggles then looked at Aloha. "OWO Hi, Aloha!" He said. "Hey, Goggles."

They then started to chat while the rest of the blue team stood there. Thorn then looked at me.

"Um, I'm going to go buy some stuff," she said before walking away. I nodded and started to talk to Glasses and Headphones.