Chapter 1

Thorn's pov

Just great. I'm going to have to be in a team with random people! I'm probably going to be the only teammate that sucks!

I ended up with being paired with 3 other inklings. One was a girl wearing headphones who was using a charger. Another was a cheery boy wearing goggles who was using a Splattershot. Then there was a boy wearing glasses who was using an octobrush.

"Hey there!" the boy with the goggles cheered, playfully smacking my back. "H-hi.." I quietly replied. "Oh, you're wearing the beginners gear!" he stated, referring to my outfit. I nodded my head, not knowing how to respond.

The game then started. We were blue, while the other team was pink. I gripped my splattershot jr. This was my first battle ever, so I wasn't that good.

The battle started, and we all started to ink the turf. The stage was Muscleforge(?) Fitness. I quickly got to the middle, with my teammates still near the spawn inking turf.

I spotted an enemy, and quickly turned into squid form, hoping they wouldn't spot me. I then popped out of my ink, successfully splating them from behind. "Booyah!" I shouted.

"Booyah!" the guy with goggles shouted back, arriving at the middle along with the rest of the team.

Soon, the battle ended and our team won. "Yay!" I cheered with a big grin on my face. Then the boy with the goggles came up to me. "Hi there, I'm Goggles, and these are my friends Headphones chan and Glasses kun!" He said, pointing to his friends. "We have a fourth teammate, but she had to do something, so we just decided to join with a random person"

I smiled. "Well, nice to meet you. I'm Thorn," I replied.

"OwO nice name! Wanna play some more matches together?" Goggles asked. I shook my head. "I need to go back to my friend Melody chan," I replied. Goggles smiled. "Cool! We'll come with you!" he cheered, following where I was going.

Headphones-chan sighed as she followed him while Glasses-kun looked shocked while following him.