Chapter Twenty-Seven

Julie's POV

I feel arms wrap around me and I tense, not moving anymore.

"Good morning." He whispers against my neck, I hold back a shiver. "How did you sleep? Why did you go back to your bed? I thought you didn't want to be alone."

"Y-Yeah. But I felt better when we got back upstairs." I say quietly.

"Oh, well it's good that you feel better." He says. "Have any dreams?"

Yes. I always have dreams.

"No."

"No? None?"

"None." I lie.

"Ok. So do you have any plans today?"

"No." I instantly regret that. "Why?"

"I was thinking about taking you to see a movie."

"What kind?"

"Not sure, I wanted to wait for you to have first pick."

"That's nice of you."

"Yeah." He's silent for a moment. "I really hope you get your memory back soon. We started to bond a bit before you forgot everything." He sighs.

"Yeah." I nod as I look down at my dresser.

What he doesn't know is that I do have my memory back. I don't know how it happened, it just happened suddenly, last night, and I found myself against the wall with Carlos on me. I didn't know what was going on, and honestly I was scared, because I remembered everything. And I don't want to remember everything that's happened. Not even the good memories. Because they were fun, and I don't want to get close to him. He's in a gang, he's a murderer, he's dangerous. And most of all, if I get too attached to him, I can end up loosing him, just like he lost my sister, and then I'll turn out to be the way he is now. I can't have that happen. No matter how badly I want to be with him, I can't.

"Can I get changed?" I ask looking at the clothes in my hands.

"Of course." He says but doesn't leave.

"Right now?"

"Yeah." He les go of me and I face him. Why is he still here? What does he want?

"Do you need something?" I ask awkwardly.

"Do you want help? You know, your arm and all." He offers.

"You know, my arm actually feels a lot better now. And I've been getting changed myself the past week with this, so I think I'm good. Thanks." I give him a small smile. He nods before going to sit on the bed. I hold back a frustrated sigh.

"Carlos." I say and he looks up from his hands to me. "I-I don't like to get changed in front of people." I say uncomfortably.

"Oh, sorry." He says as he stands and leaves my room, shutting the door behind him.

I look down at my sling. I toss it onto the floor, deciding I don't need it anymore. It's just annoying. I walk out of my room and look around the hall for Carlos.

When I walk into the living room he's sitting on the couch, staring at the floor like he's deep in thought.

I walk in and he snaps out of it and smiles up at me.

"Ready? Do you know what movie you want to see?" He asks. He looks down at my arm. "Where's your sling?"

"I took it off."

"Why?"

"Because my arm feels fine."

"Well that doesn't mean it is." He stands up and stands in front of me. "You should wear it."