Chapter Seven- Bruises

[Are You Satisfied- Marina and the Diamonds]

  Julie walks past me as I sit on the couch and opens the door and leaves, not even acknowledging my existence.

  "Wh- hey. Where are you going?" I ask but she already closed the door. I sigh and grab my jacket and my phone before walking out of the door after her. I walk after her down the sets of stairs and outside.

  "Julie, where are you going?" I ask and she finally looks at me.

  "School." She says and keeps walking.

  "Why are you walking? Let me drive you."

  "No, besides, walking is good exorcise."

  "It's the middle of winter and its freezing. I am not walking with you."

  "You don't have to. You don't even have to come with me."

  "Well I'm your body guard so I kind of have to. So let's go, we're driving."

  "No thanks."

  "You have three seconds to get in my car before I throw you over my shoulder and throw you into the back of the trunk." I mutter through gritted teeth. She looks at me annoyed. "One... two..." She quickly walks to my car and gets in. Good girl.

  "Is this your school?" I ask as I get closer to a high school.

  "Yeah, you can just drop me off right here." He says taking off her seatbelt.

  "But I'm still driving."

  "I can walk the rest of the way."

  "Why?"

  "Just cause."

  "Are you embarrassed of me?" I scoff.

  "No," She shakes her head. "It's just that... I don't want you getting stuck in traffic or anything."

  "Oh ok." I nod, even though I don't believe her. "Well have a nice day. I'll pick you up later." She gets out of the car and walks. Somethings up with her.

  ***

  I see Julie walk past my car so I honk the horn making her jump and everyone look at me. I roll down the window.

  "Julie, I know you can see me! Get in the car!" I shout and people start laughing, I roll my eyes. "I have to take you shopping for whatever you want! Do you want a car?! I'll get you a Lamborghini, hows that sound?!" People gasp and I smirk, proud that I made people jealous. But the way Julie's stomping over to the car makes me think she didn't like that.

  "Do you want me to hate you?" She asks, pulling her hood over her face as she buckles herself.

  "No, but it's fine if you did." I shrug. "I was just trying to make people jealous of you."

  "Well don't do that again."

  "Why not?"

  "Because it got people's attention and I don't want people's attention." She huffs.

  "Fine." I start the car. "So how was your day?" I ask as we drive down the road.

  "Fine."

  "Fine huh? Sounds exciting." She stays quiet. "So why fine?" 

  "Shouldn't you be concentrating on the road?" She asks.