Eleven

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The sound of my heartbeat ricocheting so hard makes my eardrums thump. I've never been this scared in my life. I'm more than very pregnant and this psychopath is standing over me, leering. The look on Tye's face is purely terrifying. I turn and begin scooting my body towards the kitchen. Somewhere, anywhere but here. This feels like a bad horror film. You know how you always see the dumb chick scooting away, screaming, and looking backwards? Yeah, that's me right now besides the screaming. Of course, I'm not fast enough. I can feel the vibrations of each of his steps behind me. As soon as he reaches me, he sits his foot on my back.

"Don't move, Liz. I really don't want to have to hurt you. You are eight months pregnant with my son. My first son."

"Don't move, Liz. I really don't want to have to hurt you. You are eight months pregnant with my son. My first son." He drags off the last sentence. Tye drops to his knees and reaches for my face. Staring directly into my eyes, he attempts to lean in and kiss me. I move my head so quickly, it hurts my neck. Looking at him like he lost his damn mind, I say, "What the fuck are you doing, weirdo?" What the hell is he thinking? How did he even know I lived here? My thoughts are so scattered. I just stare at him in shock. Anger flashes across his face and he pulls his hand back to smack me. Preparing for the blow, I cover my face with both of my hands. But he doesn't follow through. When I glance up at him through my fingers, his face is contorted into one of the ugliest expressions I have ever seen.

"You stupid bitch. Do you think anyone will ever love you the way I loved you? Do you think anyone will ever want to be with a bitch who has three kids and two baby daddies? You're wrong. You're fucking fat and ugly."

Spit flies out of his mouth as he screams. I can feel it spatter my face as he says each word slowly and sharply. Tye has his nose to mine and it's almost like I can feel the anger radiating off of him. Huh. He's hurt because I wouldn't kiss him. So, this is the way he acts. I don't know what the hell happened to Tye to make him such a crazy person, but he really needs help. He fucking disgusts me. I don't think I have ever felt such utter hatred for someone in my entire life. When I still don't respond, he gets angrier. Grabbing at my shoulders, Tye begins shaking me and screaming some of the meanest shit I have ever heard.

"I never even loved you skank! I just wanted you for your money. That was it. Do you want to know how many times I cheated on you? With more then nine bitches, Liz. NINE! When you would leave the apartment, I'd have them come over and I'd fuck them in our bed! You'd come home and go to sleep where another whore's cum was. How does that make you feel. Dirty little BITCH!"

SMACK.

My head flies off of the wall directly next to me. Instantly, there is ringing in my ears. Everything feels like slow motion at this point. I grab for my temple and slump against the wall. Tye is still screaming shit at me, but it all sounds muffled over the ringing in my own ears. In the distance, I do hear knocking at the front door. Tye's head whips up. As he turns to run out of the back door, he whispers, "Fuck you, whore," and slips out of the back door. I can tell it's my mom at the front door because of the way she is knocking. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR, ELIZABETH." I stand up to go let her in, finally.

As soon as the door is open an inch, she plows through the door. "Is he here? What the fuck happened? I called that little bitch and let him know I had something for his ass as soon as we got here." When I finally look up, I see Taylor has a baseball bat. He looks pissed. Taylor doesn't really voice his concerns like that, but he wears his emotions on his face. They both just stare at me. When I think back to shit, I don't think I've cried once after any incident with Tye. This time I do. I look down at my big belly and just sob. As long as I have his child, he will feel like he owns me. My mom wraps her arms around me and lets me cry for a while in her arms. After about ten minutes, she calls the police. When the police show up the officer asked what happened, as always. I tell him exactly what happened word for word. The officer looks down slowly, then looks back up. "Ma'am, since technically you opened the back door, it isn't breaking and entering. There isn't anything we can do besides make a police report that it happened. I do advise that you go downtown and file for a protection order, since this seems to be a pattern." The officer leaves and I cry a little more. It's never ending. I feel like it won't stop until I'm dead or he's in jail. Or gone. Whichever.

My mom pulls me close, wiping away the tears and wisps of hair on my face. She gently looks into my eyes and begins speaking softly, "Lizzy, what are we going to do? You're never going to be safe as long as he knows where you are or has ways to figure it out. We need to get all this figured out now. I don't want to lose you or you become another statistic."

I agree with her. I've actually done so much research on domestic violence it's crazy. Do you know how many women are killed each year by their abusers? About 1800 a year. It may not seem like a big number, but it's a big number. There are so many levels to domestic violence. It's not just the physical aspect of it, but mental and emotional abuse as well.

I agree with her. I've actually done so much research on domestic violence it's crazy. Do you know how many women are killed each year by their abusers? About 1800 a year. It may not seem like a big number, but it's a big number. There are so many levels to domestic violence. It's not just the physical aspect of it, but mental and emotional abuse as well. After my mom and Taylor leave, I lie down in my bed and begin to contemplate about everything. The past year of my life. When I think back to when I met Tye, I never would have imagined things to be like this. He was so caring and gentle with me when we first got together. When I was doing my research, it showed that the relationship will begin like this. It will start with little things like making you delete men off of social media. Controlling what you wear. Isolating you from friends and family. All the signs were there, but I chose to ignore them. Maybe it was because I didn't want to be alone. I had been with Darrin all of my teenage years. Then to go to nothing was weird. Sometimes, I still think about him. When I get really sad and emotional, I think back to how things could have been differently if I wasn't so fucking crazy. Maybe he would have never been with Miranda in the first place. I fucked that up, but now I'm paying the price.

Walking into the upstairs bathroom, I glance at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a big navy blue V-Neck. My big belly is protruding out of the bottom of it. No pants though. I never wear pants. My body over-heats entirely too fast to wear pants all the time. My blonde hair is now to the middle of my back. My face is a little fatter than normal, but this pregnancy I've only gained twenty pounds. Which is super weird, because with Leon and Acen, I gained between fifty and hundred pounds. I enjoyed those pregnancies. That's the difference. I once heard that if you have an angry pregnancy, the baby will come out just as angry. You know, because they feel all of your emotions in the womb. That freaks me the fuck out. I don't even really feel connected to this pregnancy. Will I love him when he's here? Or will I hate him because I was basically trapped with him? If I didn't have a brain, I'd just give him to Tye. Tell him to fucking deal with it. But, I know the baby wouldn't survive like he would with me. He'd kill him. Whether it be on accident or purpose, it would definitely happen.

Hey everyone! This chapter is sort of shorter than normal, but writing on my phone is a little difficult. Please leave me comments on your opinions and if you think the storyline is good! I appreciate everyone who reads and enjoys my book!