Chapter 36: A Connection that Won't Fade

"Topaz dodge to the right and then use Thunder!" Cayla pointed to the side. "Use Fire Spin CC!"

"Pur!" Topaz dodged the Fire Spin before sparking up and firing towards CC.

"CC Focus Punch quick!"

"Chim!" CC's hand glowed a bright white before punching the stream of Thunder. Thunder split, sparking around him. "Chimchar!" CC cheered happily, jumping up and down in cheers. A blinding light warped around CC's body.

"CC? You're evolving?!" Cayla gasped, watching as CC grew bigger. His tail grew and his head changed shape. When the light died down, a strong Monferno stood in CC's place. "Amazing!" Cayla ran towards him. "CC! You evolved! You look so cool and cute!" She squealed.

"Monfer." CC turned away.

Cayla hid her slight hurt with a smile and stood up. "Lets get back to training then! CC use Fire Spin!" CC sat down, ignoring her. Cayla gulped, looking at Topaz in exasperation. "CC, whats wrong?"

"Mon Monferno!" CC growled at her, standing up.

Dread filled Cayla's chest, as she didn't know what he side. "CC..." She whispered before he ran off to a near by forest. "CC wait!" The dark haired girl yelled, running after him, leaving her other Pokemon at the house.

Cayla pushed through branches. She kept getting hit in the face by the sharp branches but ignored the stinging pain. A horrid, loud growl could be heard, followed by a growl of pain. Cayla pushed through the last bushes and gasped. CC was on the ground, a Ursaring in front of him. Ursaring raised it's paws before slashing downwards.

"No!" Cayla yelled, throwing herself in front of CC, she closed her eyes and waited to get hit.

CC peaked his eyes open, watching Cayla move in front of him. His eyes widened in shock.

"Then it's settled! I choose Chimchar!"

"How about I call you CC?"

"We actually did it!"

"You're right CC, what would I do without you?"

"It's all my fault!"

"Thanks CC!"

"Thats our fourth ribbon!"

"My Precious CC!"

"CC I love you so much!"

"What would I do without you!"

CC pushed himself up. The flame on his tail was brighter than before. "Mon FERNO!" He growled, parting his jaws to hit the Ursaring with powerful Fire Spin. Ursaring fled and CC started to fall, but was caught by Cayla. "Mon...monferno" 'I'm sorry.'

"Shh, you're okay. I'm just glad you're still my precious partner." Cayla smiled, tears in her eyes. Rather if they were from joy, or fear no one knew, but they didn't want to talk about it.