Chapter 28: Enter; Wallace Cup!

Cayla walked into the back stage for the Wallace Cup. She was wearing a light pink and while Lolita style dress with short sleeves. Her hair was styled to match pointed ears.

"Cayla!" Dawn waved her over.

"Dawn, May, Zoey, Ash too!" Cayla brightened, walking over to them. "You're performing too Ash?"

"Yeah, with Buizel." Ash nodded.

"You know Cayla, we participate in a lot of contests together don't we?" Dawn suddenly asked in thought.

"Well, yeah. The author is trying to keep this close to the anime." Cayla said quietly.

"What?" Everyone asked.

"Oh nothing!" Cayla beamed. "It's starting."

They watched the screen as Wallace was introduced. After a few minutes of talk, and Wallace's performance as he entered, it was time to start the first round.

May went first with her Wartortle.(See Episode 77 of Pokemon DP) Cayla was captivated with may, as always. She was even better than back in Hoenn, and Kanto! Being on her own journey, she couldn't regularly watch May's Johto contests.

After a few others, it was Zoey's turn. She used Finneon, showing off it's tail, and the fact that it's called the Beautifly of the Sea, and then finishing with Water Fall.

Then was Ash, showing off Buizel's style, and power all in one, it was amazing to say the least, considering Ash wasn't a Coordinator.

Dawn was right before Cayla, Cay was a bit worried for her, but Piplup was able to snap her out of it. Dawn was up with Ambipom. They worked together nicely, even after a wobbly start. It was amazing.

Cayla patted Dawn's back as she headed out. Once on stage she tossed up Pachi's Poke-Ball. "Pachi, lets start the show!" Pachi popped out, pink bubbles wrapped around him. He landed perfectly. Cayla could hear a few whispers about using a Electric type, but ignored them. "Pachi, Electro Ball." Pachi got on all fours, straightening his tail. Growing at the top of his tail was a bright yellow ball of electricity. It took a lot of training, but Pachi was perfect. Pachi jumped and spun, flinging the ball at the water. The water splashed and a static danced on the surface. Because of the static, Pachi was able to skate around on the water.

"Oh my! The static from that Electro Ball has made it possible for Pachirisu to walk on water! Not just walk, but dance as well!" Marian gasped.

"Pachi, Spark." Cayla called out.

Pachi stopped moving, bright pink sparks gathered around him before he shot the spark into the water. Pachy started spinning while using Spark. The water sprayed everyone in the first row, giving them a fresh spray, and a spark of energy. Pachi landed back down on stage, and bowed.

Cayla exhaled, Pachi in her arms as she headed back back stage. "Still nerve wracking."

"Chipa Chi!" 'We were awesome!' Pachi stated, puffing out his chest.

"Okay, okay." Cayla chuckled. Once back stage she sat with the others and watched.

She watched closely as they named off those who made it. Cayla started to panic when she wasn't seeing her photo. dread brewing in her stomach. The final beep sounded and her body went lax. They made it. They were last, but they made it.

Now, onto the battle round. She sighed at the thought of the next day.