Chapter 18: Performance Drama

Cayla pulled on her fire themed kimono dress, and fastened her hair into two Ponyta tails, and fastened some red flower clips that matched Bell's head flowers. She looked in the mirror and nodded.

"Cayla?" Dawn's voice made the Murkrow haired girl turn around. It was dawn, of course! "You're here too! Well I hope you brought your A-Game! I'm going to look great out there!"

"You're going to look great out there?" Cayla frowned, shaking her head. "Yeah, We're obviously going to try our hardiest. And we have a secret weapon for the performance round!"

"Secret Weapon huh? We'll see." Dawn grinned cockily.

Cayla really didn't like that look. Dread, and uncertainty curled in the depths of her stomach. 'I have a bad feeling.' Cayla thought to herself, looking down at her capsuled Poke-Balls.

----------------------------------

This time Cayla was the first one to perform. She ran out on stage and smiled brightly. "CC, Bell, lets start the show!" She giggled, tossing them up. CC jumped from his ball, his seal making pretty flower petals swirl around him. At the same time, Bell came out from her Poke-Ball, stars swirling around her beautifully.

"Chim!"

"Bello!"

"Bell use your lovely Quiver Dance, CC copy!" Without hesitation Bell used Quiver Dance, swaying beautifully. Her petals muffled together and a beautiful sound filled the stage. CC started dancing beside her, their steps in sync.

"What a beautiful sound!" Nurse joy commented.

"That comes from Bellossom naturally, no move needed." Mr. Contesta nodded.

"Remarkable!" Mr. Sukizo nodded.

"Petal Dance!" Without missing a beat Bell spun with CC holding her hand so she wouldn't loose balance. Pink petals started spinning through the hair. "Ember!" CC used Ember. The spray of red and orange caught the petals making them glow, lighting up the stage. Right in the center of the glowing petals were CC and Bell, spinning around and dancing. It was reminiscent of a ball with two people dancing through the night.

When they finished their performance, Cayla, CC, and Bell all bowed towards the crowd as they clapped.

On their way off the stage, met Dawn. "That was good, I didn't know you had a Bellossom." Dawn smiled.

"Yeah, I visited my Uncle in Johto and caught her while I was there. I knew she'd do great. And my lovely CC of course!" Cayla cooed, nuzzling both of her Pokemon.

"Well you just wait! I'm really going to shine out there!" Dawn grinned, running down to the stage.

"Bell, CC, I don't like how this is turning out." Cayla murmured.

"Bell." "Char." The duo nodded.

--------------------------------------

Cayla looked at the tv that had the people going onto the next round. Out of the group of Cayla, Dawn, Zoey, and Nando, Dawn was the only one that didn't make it.

"It's okay Dawn-" Cayla tried but was cut off.

"I'm fine!" Dawn yelled. "I don't want to get comforted by someone who doesn't even care! You just catch Pokemon who are beautiful and you don't even try! I don't even know why we're friends!"

Cayla blinked away tears. She sniffled and turned around, running out of the waiting room.

"Cayla!" They others yelled after her.

TO BE CONTINUED.....