Chapter 7: CC vs Charmeleon

Cayla watched the battles carry on, and then finally it was her turn. She walked out of her side as the MC, Marian, introduced each trainer. Cayla looked over at Brandon. Brandon looked to be 12 years old, he had bleach blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He pulled out his PokeBall at the same time Cayla pulled out hers. Cayla tossed up CC's PokeBall. "CC, lets Get This Show Started!" CC came spinning out of his PokeBall with bright flames swirling around him.

"Charmeleon Lets Go!" Brandon threw out his PokeBall and a orange-red lizard Pokemon popped out with rainbow stars spinning around him. Cayla quickly took out her PokeDex to see what the Pokemon was.

*Charmeleon, the Flame Pokemon. Charmeleon is very hotheaded by nature, so it constantly seeks opponents. It calms down only when it wins.*

"The time stars.....NOW!" Marian announced and the timer started.

"Charmeleon use your Fire Punch!" Brandon went first. Charmeleon took off and his claws lit up in flames.

"CC wait for him to get close okay?" Cayla said.

"Chim Char." CC nodded. Right as the Fire Punch was about to hit, CC jumped onto Charmeleon's head, causing the flame Pokemon to fall and then CC jumped off.

"Ember!" Cayla called and CC started gathering up his ball of Ember.

"Charemeleon show them a real Ember!" Brandon called as his Pokemon stood up. Charmeleon shot off and Ember attack that engulfed CC. "That'll show you a real fire type."

"Thanks for the energy!" Cayla smiled. Charmeleon's Ember was sucked into CC's Ember ball, giving it more power as CC fired the attack. The attack smashed into Charmeleon, causing him to fall back down, but he was not happy. Charmeleon stood back up, his tail flame was a bright white color.

"Charemeleon use that rage in your next attack; Use Dragon Rage!" Charemeleon shot a beam of blue energy towards CC.

"CC!" Cayla yelled in worry. Suddenly a flame came from CC's mouth and he started spinning. The flames wrapped around him in a wheel type way. "Is that.....That's Flame Wheel!" Cayla smiled and sharpened her grey gaze. "CC use Flame Wheel!" The wheel of flame rushed toward the Dragon Rage, and smashed into it. The blue light that Dragon Rage gave off lit up CC's Flame Wheel and gave the attack and extra push. Flame Wheel pushed threw all of the dragon type attack and smashed into the flame Pokemon, and he fell onto the ground. Suddenly a buzzing went off causing Cayla to look at the judges.

"And that's it for Charmeleon!" Marian called. "And Cayla is the winner."

"It's surprising to see a Pokemon with less Power win against a Pokemon with much more strength than them." Mr. Contesta mused.

"Yes, remarkable." Said Mr. Sukizo.

"What a splendid battle." Nurse Joy clapped.

The black haired coordinator smiled and CC ran towards his trainer and jumped into her arms. Cay had happy tears brimming her eyes as she hugged her Pokemon. They then retreated back stage as they waited for their next battle.

The duo won all of their battles after that, and ended up on the final stage. Cayla was amazed they made it to the finals, and they were determined to win.