(210) When I Care about a Person

"Big Block of Ice you say, how could this Liu Ying be so brazen? Oppressing the people under the foot of the emperor, isn't he afraid of being reported by someone?" Her hands and feet were already warm, not as cold as just now. Chu Qing-Yan's mind started to come alive and she asked what she didn't understand.

Xiao Xu's eyes turned to look toward the sun roof. His pair of eyes were deep, as if covered in a faint layer of fog, making it hard for people to guess what he was thinking of.

"The most dangerous place is the safest place. Moreover, Liu family's bloodline has already covered the entire Western Xuan Empire since the last generation, the relationship is deep and complicated. It could be said that pulling one hair would move the whole body. So, basically no one in the imperial court would rashly go and move them."

"Then this time, will you act justly?" She understood that the Li family is are the Empress's relatives on the outside. When the Empress took control of the political power in the court, in order to preserve this outside relatives or perhaps to say in order for it to become a strong force for her to rely on in the imperial palace harem, she could only let the outside relatives become strong till no one dared move them. Only then would she have a stable footing in the palace.

Now this time, Liu Ying's crime was in Big Block of Ice's hand. For Big Block of Ice, this was a very thorny problem. Very possibly he could provoke a whole slew of problems.

Precisely because of what he said, pull one hair and the whole body moves.

"I am Western Xuan's prince, the responsibility carried on my body would not allow me to ignore this dishonest, unjust and unfilial person and allow him to continue bullying the common people." His tone was calm and firm.

"Big Block of Ice, you are a really good person!" Chu Qing-Yan couldn't help but give him a thumbs up to express her approval.

Xiao Xu lifted a hand to stroke her head, a very light sigh squeezed out from the corner of his mouth.

Finished speaking, Chu Qing-Yan didn't discover that expression of the person above her head had a faint anguish.

Until not long after, when she knew the truth, she finally realize that the day under the cold thin moonlight, it was ice-cold in the firewood room. When that generous shoulder supported her and gave her warmth saying those words, how much of his mental and physical efforts were used up.

Maybe the embrace was too warm, she felt some tiredness, but she still tried to stay awake. She smiled at the person in front of her to say. "In fact Big Block of Ice, no matter if you wear a mask or not, I still think you are really good. A person's appearance may be very important to some people but in my eyes, no matter how you look, whether disgusting or you have an incomparably ugly appearance, in my heart you are very important, as important as my mom and dad."

Xiao Xu's finger rightfully tightened. The condensed snow colored frost from the high mountain in his pair of eyes, because of her words, bit by bit started to fracture. He never expected she would say such thing. It somewhat made him stumped for words, somewhat helpless.

Chu Qing-Yan didn't discover the change in his expression, as if still immersed in her own world, she slowly and softly continued to say.

"There are people that can clearly depend on their appearance, but he insisted on using his strength to make a living. Moreover, there are people clearly who don't need to depend on anything to go sideways in this world. But he insisted on standing on his own feet. Big Block of Ice, you have the identity and status that everyone envies and can't get. You have the right to be arrogant. But you have never cared about these things. You willing to use your own strength to live the way you want, you are already too awesome!"