"The bathroom?!" I interrupted her. "I can just let it wash down the drain!" I tried to reason.

She shook her head. "Hey if you want some in the shower, you have to strap up. I don't need any pregnancy scares. At all. What I said to you last night was a mistake." That low key hurt my feelings. Makes me feel like she don't want my babies. "And imma throw some in the car too." She finished.

"Oh you gone let me slide in the Mercedes?" I smirked at her.

She shrugged with a smug look on her face. "Eh. Who knows what could happen? Can never be too prepared, right?"

"Hey David. Why were you upset yesterday?" Momma came back into the living room.

Me and Faith, both, looked her way, then Faith looked back at me. "Yeah why were you upset?"

I shifted uncontrollably. I really don't want to talk about this. I'm angry about the whole situation. "Uh-" I paused to gather myself. "Kamilla's not mine."

"Awww baby are you serious?" Momma came over to console me. I nodded. "Are you okay?"

"Honestly ma....I'm not. I really thought I was her dad. The timeline seemed to add up. I loved that little girl with everything in me. I can't just stop as if I never knew her. I was there when she was born, I nurtured her, I bathed her, I was her pillow, I was her shoulder to cry on, I was her provider, and her protector." I could feel tears falling down my face and my mom wiped them with her fingers. "And because of Millie's selfish ass, we both are left to deal with that." I said talking about Kamilla and I.

"Babe I'm so sorry." I felt Faith rub my back.

"Nah it's cool." I shrugged.

"It's not, but I can tell you don't want to talk about it so I'll leave it alone." Momma kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry son that you have to deal with her foolishness. You were the perfect father to Kamilla. You did everything right and none of this is your fault. I love you, son." She hugged me.

"Love you too mommy." I mumbled in her shoulder. She got up and went upstairs.

"What ma said." Faith said once it was just us two. "I can run up on her if you want. You know I will." She was so serious. YOU CANNOT FIGHT! This girl is crazy.

I chuckled. "You goofy bruh. No I don't want you doing that. I don't want you fighting at all and ain't nobody puttin they hands on you. Period."

"Oop. Period." She did the little hand motion and rolled her neck. "No, but for real, Dave. You know if you want or need to talk, I'm always here for you."

"I know baby. Thank you."

"Oh you can ask mom what she thinks about us living together." Faith perked up. She really wants this.

I got up and made my way into the kitchen. "Mommy I have a question."

"What is it, David Jr.?" She asked while she moved around the kitchen.

"Aight so what do you think about me getting another place..." I trailed off. "For just Kairi, Faith, and I?" I finished.

Ma sat down the knife she was using and turned to look and me and Faith. "Hallelujah! David I love you, but I was waiting on the day, son." She smiled from ear to ear. Damn niggas really don't fuck with me.

"See babe. I knew she'd be okay with it." Faith said to me. "Ma he was so nervous." She laughed and started talking to my mom.

Well it looks like Faith and I are starting the next phase of our relationship. I guess it's time to go house hunting....
——————