(16)

Recap:
As I had expected, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. It appeared that I had cut Mr. Matthews off mid-lecture because he was standing at the chalkboard and pointing at something written on it. But, I (obviously) couldn't read it properly.

Not knowing what to do, I did the only thing I could think of, which was probably the dumbest thing. I gently waved my hand a little. "Hi."

Bobby's POV:

Before I could even blink, I was being wrapped in a tight hug. At first, I had no clue who it was, but then I smelled the person's hair: Lavender & Vanilla.

Riley.

I didn't really know what to say, so I just hugged her back. Soon enough, the rest of the gang (even Maya!) joined the hug as well until it was the six of us embracing each other at the front of our History classroom.

Finally, after what felt like hours but was really only a minute or two, we all pulled apart. Well, everyone except Farkle. The moment he realized he had me all to himself, he hugged me like his life depended on it. Surprisingly, I didn't protest. In fact, it actually felt...nice.

"I'm so sorry, Bobby," He mumbled into my hair. Oh, my gosh. It sounded like he was about to cry. "I didn't mean to upset you, I swear. God, I'm sorry..."

With a bit of effort, I managed to pull away from him so that I could look him in the eye. I cupped one of his cheeks with one of my hands, using the other to wipe away the fresh tears on his face.

"No, Farkle. I'M sorry," I replied, my voice cracking ever-so-slightly. I swear, I better not start crying or so help me... Farkle looked like he wanted to object, but I spoke again before he got a chance. "I should've told you guys about... Well, about everything. About my dad, about the abuse, about..." I sucked in a breath. "My dyslexia."

Farkle looked at me, his eyes still a bit shiny with tears. "So, it's true? You're..."

"Yep," I smiled. "I'm dyslexic."

We both smiled at each other, before hearing someone clear their throat. We turned, now noticing that everyone in the class (and I mean EVERYONE!) was staring at us. I felt my face get hot and, almost immediately, dropped my hand away from Farkle's face. However, unconsciously, it seemed, our hands found their way back to each other and, before I knew it, they had locked together.

"Well, I must say, Miss Holt, it is lovely to have you back," Mr. Matthews said, grinning that famous grin of his. It was at this moment that he saw that Blake had still stuck around. "Ah, Mr. Davis! One of my favorite pupils! I see you have been helping out Miss Holt, is that so?"

"Yes, sir," Blake replied, glancing down at Farkle and I's interlocked hands and smiling. "Unfortunately, I should probably go now. My friends will be wondering where I am," He explained, before turning to me. "It was nice meeting you, Bobby. I hope everything works out the way it should. If you ever need me, you know where to find me," He waved as he walked away. "Bye!"

"Bye, Blake! And thanks for your help!" I shouted after him, waving as well. Once he was gone, I turned back to my teacher. "Mr. Matthews?"

"Yes, Miss Holt?"

"I have something I would like to say, if I may?" I asked. Smiling, Mr. Matthews nodded his head. I looked at Farkle, determination being the only thing on my mind. I smiled reassuringly at him then, releasing our hands, I stepped up in front of the class. At that point, everyone who had been standing sat back down in their seats and anxiously waited for me to start. Taking a breath, I gave my classmates a small smile. "Hi, everyone. If you didn't know already, my name's Bobby, and I have dyslexia."

————————————————————————————-
One more chapter to go...