Chapter 1: A Cautious Greeting

In another dimension, the summer sun shined down on what appears to be the city of Onmyou-Kyou, as its denizens would call it. Multiple creatures, with the majority being Inugami and Bakeneko, were scattered across the area. Some have made it across a path that leads to a hill with an elaborate and colourful imperial palace along with an enormous fountain atop it. Delicate pink cherry blossom trees covered the grass on the four quadrants next to the fountain. When the sun's rays touched the waters of the fountain, it gave off a magical glow. A glistening figure appeared on the pedestal in the center of the fountain, which is revealed to be Malorie, who is holding Tia in her arms. Many Onmyoujin were staring at the two. Some were four-legged like the feral animals Malorie was familiar with, whilst others appeared to be anthropomorphic like her, wearing kimonos of different colours and patterns.

Tia looked up at Malorie. "Your clothes...they're...different."

Malorie looked at herself in shock. She was wearing a yellow-and-pink long sleeved shirt with a paw print design, a dark pink mini-skirt with lighter pink leggings underneath, white shoes, and a paw print pin clipped in her long brown hair.
"This outfit looks nice, but I do hope it changes back to the red ensemble I was wearing when we get back to Balmoral in our dimension."

Tia simply nodded in reply.

All the Onmyoujin swarming the fountain suddenly turned their heads toward the palace when four lop-eared inugami and bakeneko wearing what appeared to be some sort of oriental martial arts attire sprint over. Each of them had a different appearance: one resembling a lean longhaired inugami with fur like the sun, one a very large, hefty inugami with short light brown fur, one a longhaired silver bakeneko with mackerel tabby stripes, and one a calico-pattered maneki-neko. When the four animals got to the fountain, they pointed their noses at Malorie and Tia and attempt to inspect them.

"It's a gijinka..." murmured the golden dog. "And she has what appears to be a Keeper with her..."

The Calico looked at the Retriever. "I think the girl was the one who appeared in the fountain a week ago before Tia's Binding Hearts Ceremony was performed."

"You must be right!" The large light brown inugami said to the Calico.

Malorie blinked. "Who are you four? Are you supposed to be the kingdom's Royal Guards? I can probably tell because of the hats and sashes that match your collars."

The golden canine nodded. "You're correct. We are Omori Palace's Royal Guards, and we protect Eastern Onmyou's queen and everyone else in the capital. I am William, the leader of the Guards."

"I'm Danny!" the brown inugami said.

"Mela," said the Calico.

"And I'm Kikyou," the tabby introduced herself. "We're curious on how you two found a way to cause a dimensional rift. Though we know that you're the owner of a Keeper."

Malorie began to explain. "Me and my grandmother were playing a round of chess in Balmoral Castle, when suddenly, me and Tia saw an opening that leads to your world. Oh, and Tia was sleeping next to us. Me and Tia decided to jump through the portal."

"Interesting..." William barked. "Does your grandmother know that you ended up here?"

Malorie nodded. "She said she had visions of Onmyou lately, and she also said that the fountain that appeared in the portal looked very familiar."

"Wow!" exclaimed Danny. "That's so cool! She saw our capital in her dreams!"

"Well then," William then said. "We'll take you inside the castle. I'm sure Her Majesty would love to meet you. Come, follow us." He turned to where he would face the palace.

As Malorie looked up, she was amazed at how tall the turrets of the palace were. They had decals of waves and cherry blossoms that gave the structures character. The style of architecture was quite familiar to her, resembling that of old Japanese mansions and castles from the feudal era.

Wow, this estate is enormous! I feel like I'm a samurai of the past!

She then looked down from the bridge and saw a rather unique moat of the palace she was about to enter, with koi fish swimming within the clear waters. There were little tunnel entrances small enough for the fish to fit.

That's strange...Malorie thought again. Do they use it as some sort of fishing...ring? Maybe the moat is for decoration rather than protection, which explains why there's fish instead of crocodiles.

"Ahem," Kikyou cleared her throat. "Please follow us. It's an order."

"Alright, we're coming!" Tia leaped off Malorie's arms and the two began to follow the Royal Guards into the palace.