Chapter Seventeen

Will's POV

As I walk to the vending machine to get Charlotte's Snickers, I hear a woman crying. I walk to the door and I start hearing word that start to concern me.

"Please...Please forgive me...I'll do anything."

After a while she stops crying which worries me more.

As I start to open the door, she starts to walk out and I hold the door open for her. She doesn't even look like she's been crying, which surprise me.

She nods her head as a 'thank you' and I nod back at her shocked. Who was she begging?

When she walks away, I finally look inside and this shocks me more. Inside there are a lot of benches and what shocks me most is the big cross in the front.

I remember all those years, when my parents were actually around, they would always push me to go to church. I never understood why I needed to go, it never made sense to me. Now that I think about it, I never had anything to worry about enough to make me want to turn to turn to God. Until now.

After awhile of me in my thoughts, I decide that I have to at least try. I sit down on one of the benches and I start talking.

"Um...hi. I don't really know if you can hear me...or even want to, but I need your help. I know that I probably don't deserve it because of all the stuff I've done, but she doesn't deserve this. I swear if you help her...save her, I will devote my whole life to you. I will go to church every Sunday. I need you."

Right after I say this I get a text.

Charlotte: Come here! Hurry!

As soon as I get this text, I start running to her room. The whole way there my thought s are running wild.

What's going on? Is she hurt even more?"

As I near her room I hear coughing and see her doctor and two to three nurses surrounding her bed.

"What's going on" I ask her doctor while pushing through the doctors to get a better look at Bailey. As soon as I see her, I start crying.

Her bright eyes are staring right at me.

"Will," she croaks out. Her voice sounds terrible.

"Shh, don't try to talk. Do you want water," I say fast and turn to her doctor. "Can she have water?"

"Yes, as long as she drinks it slowly."

"Then go get her some fucking water!" I say raising my voice, then feel Bailey flinch beside me. "Please," I say.

"Jones, go get some water," the doctor says.

"Yes sir." And they all walk out.

I look back at her. Even though her hair is a mess and she is in that ugly ass gown, she is still so beautiful. I move over to her and move her hair out of her face and I don't miss how she flinched a little, but I wished I did. I start to pull my hand away but she grabs my wrist and puts my hand on her cheek. I can't help but smile at the small action.

"I'm so sorry," I say not even caring that her mom is in the room.

"I-It's o-ok," she chokes out. And I can't help but cry.

"Do you remember what happened?" I ask her and she shakes her head no.

"Do you want me or your mom to tell you?" I ask.

"Y-you."

"Oh my god! Where is the water?" And just ask that question the nurse comes back in with the water.

"Th-ank you," Bailey tries to say. The nurse doesn't say anything but smiles and walks out.

I help her sit up and drink her water.

"Do you want you mom to leave or stay?" I ask, and she looks at her mom apologetically. Her mom obviously took the hint and walked out. I then pull a chair over, sit down, and grab her hand.

"The doctor said you took quite a beating. He said that you had some broken ribs, a broken nose, a couple of infected cuts and stitches. Did you stitch them up yourself?" I ask and she  nods. "They also said that you hit your head hard and that's what caused the coma."

"I-Is that it?"

I hesitate for a moment. "No, they also said there were signs of sexual assault."

"Oh my god. M-Mark," she cries.

"Who is Mark?"

"Dad sa-id Mark c-could punish me. He ra-raped me," she cries out.

"Come here baby," I say and pull her to me. We sit there for awhile and she just cries into my shoulder. "It's going to be ok. I'm here. You're going to be ok," I say and rub her back.

"N-No it's not. I have nothing," she cries.

"You have me."

"No Will you don't understand. He took my virginity. He raped me."

"I'm so sorry, baby. It'll get better I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. What happened with my dad?"

"They took that jackass away. He can't hurt you anymore baby."

"I'm sorry Will."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "For what?"

"You shouldn't need to worry about me. Wait how long have I been asleep?"

"What do you mean? Of course I'm going to worry about you, and do you really want to know?" I ask and she nods. "A month."

"Oh my god. What happened in my classes. I probably missed so much."

"That's the first thing that you worry about after being told you were in a coma for a month?" I ask and chuckle a little.

"Seriously, Will tell me."

"I don't know. I haven't been there because I've been here."

"Really?"

"Yeah your mom had to practically push me out of the room to take a shower ," I say while smiling, and she giggles a little.

"You were really here the whole time?"

"Is it really that big of a surprise?"

"Yeah. I mean I didn't think you cared that much."

"Of course I do."

————————————————————————

1029 Words