Chapter Fourteen

"Dad?"

"Shut up slut," he says as he walks to the bed and backhands me. Before I know what is happening, I am pushed off the bed and they both start kicking me in the stomach.

Even though I  can't even remember the last time I ate, I am starting to feel nauseous. This went on for what seemed like forever before I started to feel lightheaded. I was praying to God that he would just end it all. I don't want this life anymore. I am tired of being miserable. I slowly am starting to slip into darkness, and I can't help but smile.

I smile because I won't be in pain.

I smile because I won't have to come home and be a treated as a slave any longer.

I slowly close my eyes and I welcome death.

"Bailey honey, please wake up." I hear from a muffled woman's voice.

"Please baby I am sorry." She says and I slowly open my eyes. I look around and everything is white, until I see her.

"Mommy? Is that you?" I ask in my raspy voice.

"Yes baby. Please stay awake for me."

"Am I dead?"

"No sweetheart."

"I'm sorry mommy. I disappointed you. I was supposed to stay strong."

"No baby. You didn't disappoint me," she cries out.

"Where am I?"

"You're at the hospital baby," she says.

"I'm sorry mommy," I say as I slip back into darkness.

Will's POV

As soon as the three o'clock bell rings I run to my car. I know after what happened with Bailey earlier that I had to save her.

As soon as get on the road I get on the road my phone starts ringing. When I look down I see it's my mom calling.

"Hello?"

"Hey hun. When will you be home?" She asks.

"Actually mom, I have to go somewhere."

"What do you mean you have to go somewhere?"

"I mean I can't go home I have to go somewhere."

"William we just got home and we want to see you."

"I get that but you need to understand that I can't come home right now," I say trying to keep my cool.

"Please Will," she begs me.

"Ugh, fine but only for a minute!"

"Yes only for a minute."

•  •  •

When I get home I run into the house.

"Will honey, is that you?"

"Yeah mom it's me. But I have to hurry. So please make this fast," I say as I walk in to see her and my dad sitting at the dinning room table.

"Will me and your father have to talk to you."

"Oh God. About what."

"Sit down babe."

I sit down and look at them suspiciously.

"Ok so what do you have to talk to me about?"

"So you are going to be a big brother," my dad tells me. I just start laughing.

"Okay funny, but seriously what do you have to talk to me about?"

"Will we aren't joking," my mom says.

"So what? You left me here while y'all were gone just to come home to tell me that you're pregnant. What are you gonna do just leave it here while y'all are one of your business trips," I practically yell.

"No honey, we—"

"You know what forget it I've got to go," I say as I stand up and open the door. Of course luck is not on my side because I see Rachel walking up the steps.

"Fuck me," I mutter to myself.

"Hey baby," she says trying to be sexy.

"Rachel I can't talk right now. I've got to go."

"Why? Is it because you are meeting the freak again?"

"Shut the hell up Rachel!" I yell and get in my car. Once I'm in my car I start driving to Bailey's house only to find many police cars and fire trucks. I run up to one of the cops.

"What's going on?"

"Who are you?" I know they won't tell me if I say I'm just a dude from her school so I come up with the first thing that pops in my head.

"I'm Bailey's boyfriend. What happened?"

"Well young man, she was badly abused by her dad and another male. We have taken her to a nearby hospital where she is getting treated."

"What hospital?"

"Phoenix," he says.

I run to my car and start driving to the hospital. Thankfully the hospital is not far from where I am but the whole way there my hands were shaking and my leg was bouncing. I couldn't help but blame myself for the stupid shit I've done. I was trying to make her fucking jealous while her dad was beating her.

I finally make it to the hospital by some miracle. I park the car in record time and run into the hospital. I run to the reception desk and I can't help my yelling.

"Where is she," I yell and when the lady doesn't say anything I roll my eyes and run around it.

"Where are you! Where the hell are you!" I yell under my breath. I turn around and I see her. I run in her room and when I see her face, I feel my eyes start to water. Her eyes are closed and her face is bruised with cuts all over it.

I see a chair beside the bed so I pull it over and sit in it. I grab her hand and hold it but when I see the cuts and bruises all over them I just can't hold back the tears anymore. I lay my head on the bed and feel the bed sheets start to soak up all my tears.

"I am sorry Bailey. I am so stupid. I am such a fucking asshole," I cry out, "I am so sorry for treating you so horribly all those years. I don't know how you could ever forgive me, but you did and that amazes me. God I made you want to cut, I made you want to end your life. What kind of monster does that?"

———————————————————————————

1019