Chapter Twelve

Will's POV

When I woke up Bailey was not in the bed, so I got up. I got dressed and I knocked on the bathroom door, but I didn't get a response. I opened the door, but she wasn't there. I went to the kitchen, but she wasn't there either. I looked in every room, but she wasn't there. I tried to think rationally, so I just figured she already left for school.

When I got to school, I practically jumped out of my car. I walked into the school, but I saw something I didn't want to see ever again. Bailey was curled up in a ball and she was being kicked by Gavin. I ran up to them and pushed him away from her.

"What the fuck, man?"

"Sorry dude. Your little girlfriend ran into me, and she didn't apologize."

"You need to back off."

He raised his hands in surrender. I rolled my eyes and walked back to Bailey. I got on my knees and sat her up.

"Are you ok?" I asked and she nodded, "why'd you leave this morning?"

"Sorry, my aunt called last night and told me I could stay with her."

"So you aren't going to be staying with me anymore?" I asked. I was disappointed because I really liked her staying with me.

"No."

"Did you not like staying with me?"

"I did."

"Then why?"

"Because I need to stay with family, and it's safer for you. What if my dad comes for you?"

"I'm not afraid of your dad."

"You should be. You need to stay away from me," she says.

"Why? Bailey, I can't."

"You have to," she says and runs to the bathroom.

Bailey's POV

As soon as I said that I felt my eyes start to water, so I ran to the bathroom. I felt terrible for lying to him, but I couldn't be the reason he gets hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day went by painfully slow, but it finally it was over. I start to walk out of the school, but that's when I saw Will and Rachel talking. I ran inside and watched as they kept talking. He looked like he was liking the conversation which made me upset but it got worse when the most unexpected thing happened.  He grabbed her hand and they walked away.

I was about to start crying when I got a text.

Dad: You better hurry up its 3:15

Shit. The walk to my house is at least 10 minutes. I run out of the school and I run home.

When I get home it is 3:34. He is not home which I took to my advantage. I cleaned the whole house and made dinner. When I was done it was 5:45, so I stood in front of the door and I waited.

After a while of standing my feet are hurting and have gone to sleep. I'm getting tired an I feel my eyes closing, but then the door swings open and slams shut. I look up and meet the eyes of my dad, but the look he gives me tells me he doesn't want me to so I look back down. I hear him go to the kitchen and sit down so he's obviously eating.

He doesn't talk or hit me all night which worries me a lot because I would have expected him to just come home and hurt me.

I woke up the next morning and did everything I was supposed to do, but then it was time to wake up my dad. After about 30 minutes of trying to get him up, he finally does. He then speaks to for the first time since yesterday.

"Move out of the way, bitch." Even though he didn't say anything nice, it still made me feel better because it means that he has calmed down enough to hopefully not kill me. As soon as he got to the kitchen I turned and faced the wall.

It honestly felt like he was taking a long time on purpose. My feet were starting to hurt from standing but I was too scared to move, so I just stood there and like most other things I waited.

After he was done eating, I practically ran over to see if there were any leftovers but sadly there wasn't. That wasn't even the saddest part, the saddest part was the fact that he laughed. He loved the fact that I wasn't going to get food. This was part of his punishment, but it sure as hell isn't all of it.

This was then proved when he came over to me and pulled me by my hair. He pulled me to the living room and started to "teach me respect". This is not teaching this is abusing, but of course, I don't say anything in fear of him.

He proceeded to beat me until I was bloody and bruised. he punched me so hard that I heard my nose crack when he broke it. I try hard to hold tears and screams back but I couldn't any longer. all of the years he has beaten me, he has never broken anything, but he didn't care. He just continued to stab and cut my arms, stomach, and legs.

"I'm late, but this is not over. I will finish this when I get home," he said and he walks out.

I got up and got a wet rag and a dry one. I grabbed my backpack and I started walking to school. on the way, I was cleaning the blood off of me, but one thing 's for damn sure, I am not fixing my nose. It will heal eventually, it might not be the prettiest, but it's not like my nose makes me beautiful. Who am I kidding nothing makes me beautiful.

I finally get to school and the whole time I am holding the bridge of my nose and my arm. My dad had stabbed me in the arm in the shoulder so it hurts to raise my arm. I get to my locker and open it, but then I hear people whispering. I look and I see Will walking in with his arm around Rachel's shoulder. I felt my eyes filling with tears, but I quickly blinked them away.

Suck it up buttercup. You knew it wasn't going to last.

I walk to my first class and I sit in the back as usual. I put my head on the table and I swear just a second later I heard someone approach my desk. I look up and it's of course Will. I don't understand why he can't just leave me alone. Doesn't he know he has hurt me enough?

"Hey," he says.

"Hey," I say back. Due to my broken nose, it sounds like I'm sick. I hoped he wouldn't notice, but unfortunately, he did.

"What's wrong? You sound weird."

"Nothing's wrong. I just woke up with a stuffy nose," I said. I thought he believed me when he walked away, but boy was I wrong. He walked over to the door and locked it, and this, of course, scares me because I don't know what he's planning.

He comes over to me and does the worst thing possible.

He takes off my hood.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!!! Make sure you comment and vote!!!

1234 words