Chapter Eight

Baileys POV

Once we get inside, we start walking to our locker.

"How are you getting home?" He asks me. I shrug my shoulders.

"I can walk," I say and let out a small embarrassed laugh, "I mean it's not like I haven't before."

"Yeah...there is no way I'm letting you walk."

"William, it's fine. I don't want to be a bother."

"Bailey, you're coming with me whether you like it or not."

"Isn't that called kidnapping?"

"Isn't that called being melodramatic?" He says.

"Touché," I say, giggling. Just then the two minute warning bell went off.

"We better be getting to class," He says, holds out his hand and I take it.

We get into class and we sit down in our seats. Class went by slow as usual, until I get passed a note. I look up to see who sent it but all I saw was Will looking at me in confusion. I open the note to see what it says.

Will is mine!! If u know what's best 4 u, u will stay away from him!
-Rachel

With that I raise from my seat and Mrs. Hinley's desk.

"Can I help you Ms. Boyle?"

"May I use the restroom, please?"

"Yes you may." I go to my desk, grab my bag and run out of the door. On my way out I see Will looking at me in worry, but I run to the bathroom while balling my eyes out, when I get inside I lean on the wall and sink to the floor.

The rest of the day I am avoiding Will. When see him in the halls I hide from him, when he starts calling me I go into the bathroom, and I even go as far as eating lunch in the library. It all went surprisingly well but that was until I going home.

I start walking outside but stopped in my track when I see him stand there waiting for me. I hurried upstairs and to a window before he could see me. I watched him through the window to see when he was leaving, but I felt my heart crush a little when I saw Rachel going up to him. She started talking to him about god knows what and rubbing up and down his arm. He didn't look like he was paying much attention to her which made me happy, but she soon bent over to pick a flower. A fucking flower. Since when does Rachel have anything to do with nature? She once cried because mud got on her '$600 heels.'

She started to come back up, running her hands up her legs while doing so. He didn't seem to care and I could tell that it royally pissed her off, so she just kept trying to get his attention. I could also tell it was pissing him off too.

"Will you go away!" I saw him yell at her. She looked at him for a minute shocked but walked away making sure to sway her hips along the way.

He stood there for a few moments more before walking off. As soon as I can see him any more, I start on my way to the house.

When I get to my house I am surprised not because my dad's not home but then I see the one person I'm trying to avoid is sitting on my porch. I quickly look up and down my road to make sure my dad isn't coming and I run over to the porch.

"You have to get out of here. My dad will be home any minute and I will get in so much trouble if you are here. Please." I say.

"Why did you not let me drive you home, and what was on the note you got during 1st period?"

"I didn't let you drive me home because I need to stay away from you. And the note didn't say much just that if I don't stay away from you then I could potentially die. But that doesn't matter you need to leave like now."

"Who was the note from?"

"Rachel," I say looking back at the road. I could literally feel my face fall when I heard a car going up the street, and to my amazing luck it was my dad.

"Hide!" I yell at Will. He hides behind a bush, which I'm pretty sure is poison sumac. I hear my dad walking towards me and grabs a hand full of my hair pulling me inside.

When we get inside, he pushes me to the floor. He automatically starts kicking talking about how bad his day was.

After the beating I ran to my room and I cried for what felt like forever. That was until I heard a knock on the door.

807 Words