Chapter Four

Bailey's POV

I walk into school holding my stomach trying not to cry. I made my way to my locker and I wasn't surprised when I saw William's shoes in the corner of my eye, but I was surprised when he bent down to my height.

"Come with me," he whispered in my ear. I didn't even get the chance to comprehend what he said before he grabbed my boney wrist and pulled me into an empty classroom. When he let me go, I hunkered down while holding my stomach.

"What happened?" He asked me, pointing at my stomach.

"Nothing," I barely whispered.

"Listen, I heard what was going on at your house. Was that your dad who was saying that stuff?"

"How—"

"It doesn't matter. Why don't you tell people about your dad?"

"Well, if it's not obvious, most people don't care about me," I whisper looking at my shoes, "and why do you care? I thought you hated me."

"I do hate you."

God, this whole situation is so weird. I can't help but wonder if there is enough space for me to walk around him and get out of the door. I try to walk around him but before I can, he grabs my wrist and I wince in pain. He pins me against the wall, and I know when he does this, he is about to hit me.

"Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry," I beg.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He holds me against the wall by one arm and pulls my hoodie up with the other. He stares at my stomach shocked. I look down crying.

"What the fuck?" he asks, the whole time I'm crying trying to get away, "What the hell happened?" It was their fault if I wasn't late he wouldn't have cut me. Granted, he probably would have punished me for something else, but I wouldn't have gotten another tally.

"I had to be punished," I whisper.

"Shit," he says quietly, "I'm so sorry." I raise my eyebrows in astonishment, though he couldn't see it because I was still looking at my shoes. Did he just say that he was sorry? He has never apologized for something. Why is he starting now? Is it because he saw the cuts on my wrists?

"Does this happen a lot?" he asks me. Why does he keep asking questions? This the most he has ever said to me, not including the insults.

"Yeah," I whisper, "Can I go please?" I ask and he lets go of me surprisingly. I grab my stuff and I run out of the door.
—————————————————————

The rest of the day I don't see the guys, but I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It makes me wonder why though. They normally meet me outside after school, but they didn't today. I walk home and go inside. I couldn't find my dad anywhere, which didn't surprise me honestly. When he isn't at home he is at bars getting drunk, even if it is 4:00 in the afternoon. When he comes home from bars he is either with women or he is even crueler to me.

I go to my room to work on school work and study until I get a text from my dad. I bet you're wondering how come you have a phone if you don't have enough money for food. Well, the answer to that is I don't know, but I've never questioned him about it. He only got me one so that when he brings home a woman he can text me to leave. That's exactly what he did now.

Dad: I am on my way home and someone is coming home with me so I need you out of the house until I text you back. If I were you I would take a blanket because it will most likely be tomorrow before you can come home. If you are still at home when I get there you will be in big trouble.

Me: Yes sir. I will be gone.

I get out of the bed, change into my dirty shorts and my hoodie, and  I grab a big bag and put my pants, a blanket with holes, and a small pillow in it. I have no idea where I'm going to sleep or if I'm even going to be able to sleep, but I just know that I need to get out of the house. I grab my backpack and my other bag and I run out of the door and down the road. I finally get to a bench somewhere in town and I put my pillow and blanket down on it and I lay down. After I finally got comfortable and somewhat warm, I eventually fell asleep but I had the same dream I normally have.

"You little bitch. You can't leave me!" My dad yells at my mom.

"Watch me you son of a bitch." My mom yells back.

"So you expect me to take care of your kid!" He yells pointing at me.

"Last time I checked I can't get myself pregnant. So yes I expect you to grow a pair and take care of your own daughter! Good fucking bye asshole," she yells as she walks out of the door and slams it shut.

I wake to someone shaking me, I look up to see who it is and I jump when I see it is William.

"It's fucking freezing. Why are you out here sleeping?" He asks me.

"My dad wanted me out of the house while he has his friend over," I tell him. I don't know why but I feel like I can open up to him, but to be fair he already knows about my dad so it doesn't really matter.

"Shit, do you want to stay at my place? I can take you to school with me tomorrow."

"It's fine I wouldn't want to bother you," I say to him.

"Bailey it's fine, you can stay with me. It's way too cold for you to sleep out here, especially with that blanket," he says nodding at my blanket.

"Ok," I say.

1024 Words