Chapter Thirty-Two: A Bubble Bath on Sunday Morning

Start from the beginning

Nodding, she went up to the door, pausing when the brunette's serious voice made her turn around, "Warren, be careful or you'll find yourself in the Hospital Wing like those three."

"Those three" meant the Petrified Muggle-borns whose condition would last until they drank a potion whose core ingredient was Mandrake's sap, according to Pomona. The Mandrakes, however, were still too young to be used. As for what had caused their state...

What if that monster is real? She asked inwardly before addressing the brunette, "Do you  believe...the Chamber exists?"

"We have a Dark Creature inside of this school that only attacks Muggle-borns. I don't know if it is that monster. But it won't stop until the culprit for the attacks is caught."

And with those words, Myrtle left the dormitory, her thoughts turning to the events of the last weeks. Something ominous was happening in this school: dead roosters, Tim not remembering what happened during the time he went missing, those bloody messages and people turned to stone...

After writing to Lexi about it, she had received a short reply: to never go anywhere without Azure.

Shaking her head, she yawned, blinking as a familiar girl appeared in her visual field.

During her time as a witch, she had seen her fair share of different and strange things, some of which she had immediately associated with Azure. The scene before her was strange in every sense of the word; a girl at a common room's entrance wearing a bathrobe and running shoes was not normal, except if we were talking about the bordering bipolar Azurelia Hildagarde Ashlane.

Myrtle began wondering what her lips would taste like. Apples, first. Chocolate would be the second. Flashes of their waltz appeared again in her head, Azure's face leaning closer to her own...

Stop that! She shouted inwardly. In her mind, the scarlet-robed Myrtle whistled innocently. The Slytherin Myrtle idly looked at her manicured nails, a faint blush on her face. The last two Myrtles were hiding their expressions with books.

Myrtle crossed her arms. A sullen look appeared on her bespectacled face, drowsy eyes showing her sleepy face.

"What are you waiting for?"

"It's early," Myrtle replied dryly. "Why today? In case you haven't realized, today is a Sunday."

"But today is not just a Sunday, Twin-Tails," Azure said, placing her hands on Myrtle's shoulders. "Today is the 13th of June!"

Myrtle looked at her for some kind of explanation.

"Happy Birthday!" Azure exclaimed before flinging her arms at the petite who blinked owlishly.

She had completely forgotten about it.

To celebrate the twins' birthday meant having Keane as the baker. In their seventh anniversary, he had made a half-lemon and a half-strawberry cake with custard and adorned with milk chocolate flowers. She loved his gifts J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit when she was eight years, a wooden puzzle on her tenth birthday, a snow globe he had bought in Paris which almost fell on the floor during one of her fights with Holly...

"I wish you a merry long life, lots of love and chocolates-"

"I prefer other types of sweets," Myrtle cut in coolly. "And I was born two minutes before the thirteenth."

"Details, dear, details," the taller girl added cheekily. "Now, go and dress the uniform under your bathrobe. And don't forget to bring your bathing suit."

"You never change your mind, do you?"

"No. This is me we're talking about!"

Myrtle giggled. "You're impossible."

---------------------------------------------//---------------------------------------------------------

"We will get caught," Myrtle muttered, walking a few steps behind Azure, who at last stopped in front of a big door and opened it, her left hand beckoning her with an elegant bow.

"My Lady."

Taking a deep breath, Myrtle entered the room and was instantly bombarded with the sweet smell of rosemary and bath salts. On the end of the room was a giant tub with steam and fluffy-looking foam. "B-but this is..."

"The Prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor," Azure replied. "I come here sometimes to think."

Myrtle slowly stepped inside the huge space, bespectacled eyes following the direction of the bubbles. "Y...you made this...for me?" She stuttered, looking at the grinning tall girl.

"You once told me that bubble baths were one of your favourite things and today...it is also the anniversary of the day you learned you were special. 13th June."

Blushing beet red, she offered Azure a smile. "T...thank you."

"Anytime." Quickly removing her bathrobe and shoes, Azure dived into the tub, the petite gawking at the fact that her best friend had run through the school wearing literally nothing but a bathrobe.

"What if someone finds us?" Myrtle asked nervously, facing Azure who was...wearing a bathing suit? When did she have the time to do that?

"They won't; I put up some spells around the bathroom beforehand," Azure replied. "Come on. Don't tell me that you are afraid of a little water?"

"Water? Never," Myrtle said with a smirk. Taking off her clothes, she dipped her foot in the water before diving.

Please, review!