Chapter One: Azurelia Hildagarde Ashlane

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", only my original characters.

A/N: This is another introductory chapter. No dialogue as you can see; it is just a little background on one of my main characters. By the way, the cover picture is the combination of editing a DeviantArt anime base with Paint and me having fun with PowerPoint's special effects (background).

--------------------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------------------------------------

Our story begins with the birth of Azurelia Hildagarde Ashlane, or as she liked being called, "Azure". The only child of Liam and Eurelie Ashlane, a couple of experienced Aurors, she had been born at precisely noon on the last day of the year of 1926. She was also an Aura Seer.

Her paternal family, the Ashlanes, had a motto: Acceptance First and Foremost, which contrasted with the Toujours Pur of the House of Black or the Malfoys' "Sanctimonia Vincet Semper". To be more specific, Ashlanes had never mistreated others for their supposed "lesser blood status" and were respected in the magical or non-magical societies.

In fact, their fascination with Muggle culture rivalled or perhaps surpassed the Weasleys, coupled with their scholarly interest and mutual respect for all species, including Vampires, Werewolves, Goblins, Centaurs, and Merpeople and so on.

Therefore, generations of Ashlane children would feel comfortable with having a "hybrid" upbringing: the usual stuffy Pure-blood social manners and weekly lessons about Muggle sciences, board games, sports, psychology, history, languages, music, dancing, philosophy, arts and literature.

Around the last decades of the nineteenth century, an Ashlane had embarked on a long journey around the globe, hoping to make a difference in the society he had been born. Returning to England in 1915 and publishing his first book in less than half a year, he would become the acclaimed winner of the Golden Quill Award for five consecutive years, writing under the pen name of Robin Lincoln Wood, or as his fans called him, "Professor Wood". His innovative work on Muggle customs and traditions – and also other continents' wizards and witches – had since then become a reader's choice, attracting young and old people alike.

The young Azurelia would also grow up in this kind of environment and loved magic for the good that could bring to others. She shared a familial bond with Tingly, an old elf, and Dimply and Blinky. The three elves worked and lived on the Manor, being paid accordingly. They genuinely liked their employers and saw them as a surrogate family, sentiments that had been echoed by the previous Ashlane children.

On the morning of 1st of September of 1938, Tingly accompanied her young charge to Diagon Alley to help her buy school supplies. Their last stop had been Ollivander's, the place where Azurelia purchased her own wand after her first try revealed itself to be quite unsettling; the wand had burnt her hand instantly, a reaction that only happened with Aura Seers.

During their time at the shop, Azurelia would also learn about the Spiral Wand, a mysterious wand that Wandlore either doubted or believed in its existence, something that also applied to the Elder Wand. According to Garrick Ollivander, the Spiral Wand's first user had lived one thousand years ago and relinquished its ownership to someone who had to fulfil three specific conditions to be recognized as the new wielder.

And such a successor had not been found until now.

But on that day, Azurelia would put that aside, for her life was about to change in the form of a meeting.

Three years later, another meeting would take place under an oak tree, with both parties being unaware that they were part of something much bigger than themselves.

Please, review!