Chapter Thirty-Five: The Badger's Ambition

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter" or "Kuroshitsuji", only my OC's.

When the day came, she had been extremely nervous - practical exams were not her forte. After more than twelve tries, she had finally got it right and could not help but be surprised by the result.

"I was mad chuffed when they told me I had gotten an 'E'," Ru was saying dreamily. "An 'E' in Transfiguration? I thought I was dreamin', but it ain' no dream." He laughed. "How did it go fer yeh', Myrtle?"

Myrtle hummed before replying, "It could have been worse if Minnie hadn't helped me practising for it." A blush appeared on her face. "I turned into a doe. They are shy animals..."

And symbols of innocence, Azure added inwardly with a soft smile, imagining a doe running in the meadow. Calmly eating her cake, she glanced at the pig-tailed girl who she would protect as long as she could. Your duckling is the same. You have seen how harsh the world is and yet you remain untouched by it.

"And you, Azure?"

"Demiguise," the Slytherin answered, quickly drawing the animal's shape with her wand. "Though, Potter should get that one because of his cloak. Too bad he doesn't use it for something productive." She snorted. "Pranking is not a beneficial activity for the third son of the Potter family."

"I think it suits you; you sometimes disappear before reappearing," Myrtle offered, smiling at her. "And you are very protective of your own."

He gave a hearty laugh. "That's our 'Zure; always takin' care of people!"

Azure grinned at the compliments before asking the Gryffindor, "What did you become, Ru?"

"Niffler. Come to think of it, Pops's friend offered me one when I was a kid...funny."

Azure chortled before laughing. She was expecting him to be an elephant or a bear. "You're a platypus-porcupine hybrid that is attracted to shiny things?"

"Don't remind me of that," Myrtle added a bit sourly, magically cleaning out her empty plate. "The baby Niffler we had to raise during last year's Christmas Holidays sucked every tableware and glassware from my grandparents' kitchen just half an hour before our annual family dinner."

"Blimey..." Ru muttered. "Mine was pretty time. She only ate and slept."

"But they can be tricky little fellows," Azure supplied, remembering the mayhem she found herself involved in when Grandmother Benoîte's ward let six of them loose accidentally inside of the Rougepierre Château some years ago. " The fact they are invisible to non-magicals also brings up a lot of questions." She turned to the girl at her side. "Which tend to never be answered."

"This time, no one needed to be Obliviated," Myrtle supplied wryly. "But the Niffler allowed Holly to pet him. She can see what I see. Dumbledore did tell us that twins can develop magic at different stages of their lives. Holly's could be just...asleep."

"One activates his or her magic, while the other doesn't until adult age," Azure added, her hand under her chin. "A latent-type...those are rare."

A few minutes passed.

"We need to change that name," Ru muttered before snapping his fingers. "Maybe 'Ravindor''!"

"'Ravindor?'" Myrtle cackled. "Did you just shortened and combined our Houses' names?"

"I guess I did?" He replied before pointing his fork at them. "Dare yeh' two ta think of somethin' better."

The petite gave him a challenging look. "It's on, Hagrid."