Chapter 10

Short chapter! THANK Y'ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND ENJOY THIS CHAPTER! VOTE, COMMENT, ETC.

~Mae's POV~

We finally made our way to our destination, the hospital. We walked straight up to the Nursing Office and she told us that Mr. Espinosa's room is at the fourth floor Room 417. We walked to the closest elevator at the hospital that we found and go upstairs. Before I entered the elevator, I stopped and asked them if they wanted something to eat.

"I'll have chips," Ryan replied.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Matt suggested.

"No, I'll be fine," I replied.

"Ok then grabbed 2 or 3 chips please," Matt said.

I nodded and the elevator door closed. I walked to the cafeteria that I found and buy 3 chips and grabbed some fruits for myself also. As I finished, I walked down the hallway without looking at my surroundings until I bumped into a body.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking," I said without looking at the person but picking up the food that I dropped.

"It's okay, I wasn't looking either," the familiar voice said.

I stood up on my feet as I finished picking up the food to see the person I never wanted to see today or in my life ever again.

"Adrian," I whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

"Hey, cupcake," he said as he leaned in for a hug and I hugged him back. Oh how I missed his hugs. "I miss you so much baby."

Should I say I miss him too, even though I do really miss him so much? I pulled away from the hug that we shared for a minute and my eyes met his to make an eye contact.

"Can we please talk?" he begged.

"I can't," I started off but Adrian didn't let me finished.

"Please, I really miss talking to you," he supplicated.

I looked straight at him and all I could see is the sadness and the urge in his eyes.

I sigh and said, "Sure but not that long. Someone's waiting for me."

After I finished my sentence, a huge grin appears on his face. He grabbed the foods that I was holding in his left arm and he intertwined our fingers together with his free hand. He led me inside the cafeteria to sit down. He slightly pulled the chair away from the table to let me sit on the chair being a gentleman he is and he sat on the other side of the table, so we're face to face. He slightly sighed of nervousness and I laughed a little bit because his hands were shaking and his forehead was sweating.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, breaking the awkward silent between us.

"Mae, I'm really sorry if I act like a bitch in front of Matt. I just can't stand seeing you hanging out with another guy that isn't me. Mae, I got really jealous when I found out that you and Matt have been hanging out a lot and giving us both a break is the only thing that I can think of. And that decision was the worst thing I have ever made in my whole life. Mae, I really love you with all my heart and I can't go on another day without us texting or talking to each other like we used to. And I miss that so much especially when we cuddle all day while watching a movie not caring about our surroundings at all. Mae, I get it if you can't forgive me but please think about it. I'll be nice to Matt for now on and I'll be friends with him, if that'll make us the old us," he said, while a bit of tears were coming out from both of his eyes.

He stood up from his seat and walked towards me. He kneeled down in front of me.

"Can we please start over as friends?"

I pulled my chair and myself closer to him and put both of my hands on his cheeks. I started moving my thumbs side by side to wipe his tears out of his face. I kneeled in front of him and leaned in for a hug. I can't believe he just said that to me.

"Of course we can," I whispered in his ears.

"Thank you," he whispered back and hugging me even tighter than ever before. "I promise, I'll be nice especially to Matt and I'm going to help you prevent bullying too."

I smiled as he said that. We were both hugging for a minute until we have to pull away because we both heard someone walk in the cafeteria. I looked at the entrance and I saw Matt standing beside the door.

"I have to go," I said as I stood up.

"Text me later?" he asked.

"Of course," I smiled and he returned the gesture.

I walked towards Matt and he looks really sad. He's probably jealous. But he has nothing to be jealous about. Adrian and I are only friends and I really like Matt and he likes me too. He made me feel really special.

"Are you two back together?" Matt asked, as we entered the elevator.

"No, he apologized to me and he wanted us to start over as friends," I replied.

"So, basically you guys are going to get back together any days now," he said, angrily.

"Is Matthew Espinosa jealous?" I asked as I walked in front of him. He looked down at the floor and slowly nodded yes. I put my right hand on his chin and lifted his head up to make an eye contact with my eyes.

"You have no reasons to be jealous of him," I smiled as my hand made its way to his left cheek. "Because I like you."

Matt put both of his hands on my cheek then leaned down for a kiss. I kissed back and put my arms around his neck to stroke his blonde hair with my right arm. We shared a simple, romantic, passionate kiss while the butterflies keep flying in my stomach and I heard fireworks firing inside the elevator. I pulled away and I saw Matt lick his lips and I smiled at him.

"I like you too," he smirked then pecked me on my lips.

The elevator finally reached the floor that Mr. Espinosa is in and we walked to his room hand in hand.