Chapter 19

~Matt's POV~

I don't have any clue what Mae was trying to do right now but it's totally making me jealous. Adrian and her were always giving each other happy glances. I rolled my eyes and turned my focus on the worksheet that Mr. Martinez assigned us to do in partners. And Cynthia was my partner. But I can't focus on my work. They're always talking and laughing with each other.

"Do you want us to go to the hallway?" Cynthia suggested as she noticed that I cannot focus and I nodded.

"Yeah sure."

She raised her hand and asked Mr. Martinez. As he said yes, I saw Mae looked at Cynthia with her evil look in the corner of my eyes. We walked outside the room and sit against the hallway wall. We continued doing our work and we finished after 20 minutes later with full of awkwardness.

There's 10 more minutes left in this class so Cynthia and I decided just to stay at the hallway till then.

"Do you like Mae?" she asked, in out of the blue.

"Yeah I do," I replied. "And I know that she likes me too."

"Then why are you guys making each other jealous?" she asked again as she crawled in front of me.

"I honestly don't know," I responded as I shrug my shoulders.

"Well, I'll tell you this," she said, as she ran her fingers on my legs. "If I'm yours, I wouldn't make you jealous. I'll love you way more than she does."

After she said that, she's now leaning closer to me. She leaned even more closely until our lips met. She began kissing me so I kissed her back.

I thought I'm going to feel something when our lips connected but I didn't. I didn't feel anything, not like when Mae and I kissed. The butterflies didn't erupt, no sparks, no fireworks. And I'm glad that I didn't have any feelings for Cynthia. Now I know that my heart only belongs for Mae and for Mae only. I pulled her away from me and a smile performed on her face while I put on a fake smile to return.

The bell finally rang and we both stood up. I turned my body around and there she was with tears in her eyes. Adrian was behind her so I bet he saw us too.

"Mae, I'm so sorry," I said as I grabbed her hand.

She pulled her hand away from mine and she started walking backwards. Adrian suddenly appeared in front of me and punches me in the face.

"How could you do that to her!?" he shouted at me as my body collapsed on the floor.

I heard him ran away from us and the guilt instantly appeared inside me.

I can't believe I just did that to the love of my life. I can't believe that I just kissed Cynthia. I sat down and put my head on the palm of hands.

"Matthew, are you alright?" I heard Cynthia asked beside me while she rubbed my back.

I lifted my head up and gave her a death look. "JUST GO AWAY! YOU MADE THINGS EVEN WORST THAN IT USED TO BE! YOU JUST RUINED MY ENTIRE LIFE!"

And with that she left. I didn't care if I hurt her feelings. All I cared about is Mae's feelings. I just hurt her after I promised that I wouldn't. I'm such a horrible person.

____**"Silence is a girl's loudest cry. You know she's really hurt when she starts ignoring you."**____

The whole school time, Mae barely even talked to me. I tried talking to her but she kept ignoring me. I know that I messed up big time but she needs to know what I felt when I kissed her back. She needs to know that I didn't felt anything when we kissed. She needs to know that I don't like Cynthia.

She needs to know that I would never do that to her ever again. Kissing Cynthia was a huge mistake. She needs to know that I like her. She needs to know that she's the one I want to be with in my entire life.

I walked towards my truck and got in. I waited for Mae to come outside the school but after 10 minutes of waiting, she's still not coming out. I started punching the steering wheel and screaming inside the truck as the guilt kept getting bigger and bigger inside of me. I couldn't help it but tears rolled down my eyes.

I messed everything up and I doubt it that she's ever going to trust me or forgive me ever again. I've got everything together. I've got everything that I need in my life. But now I ruined it. I ruined everything that makes me happy.

I took a few deep breathes and drove off the school. I drove around town for a few minutes. Tears continued rolling down my eyes and the surroundings are getting blurry. I stopped at the corner, not wanting to be in a car accident, and continued crying.

I wiped my tears as I saw a human figure just a block away. Instead of driving, I got out of the truck and started walking on the sidewalk.

As I walked more closely, I know who the person was. It's the girl that I love. It's the girl that I made jealous of. It's the girl that I missed the most. It's the girl that I care the most but probably doesn't care about me anymore. It's also the girl that I promised I wouldn't break but I broke the promise, especially her heart.

I sat down next to her at the sidewalk and she didn't even notice me. She had her head rested on her arms as she's facing the ground. I heard a lot sobs coming out from her and I couldn't help but to cry with her. I put my head on the palm of my hands and continued crying. I sobbed and I saw her looked up.

A gasped came out of her mouth and she stood up while she wiped her tears. I stood up and opened my mouth. But no words came out. She shook her head in disbelief and turned around. She started walking away from me but I quickly grabbed her forearm and turned her around.

As her body turned, I hastily leaned in and connect our lips together while her hands are on my chest. I may not be able to explain what had happened but I know how to show that I made a mistake.

She's not kissing back. Why isn't she kissing back? She pulled away with her eyes still shut and she got out of my grip. She opened her eyes and her tears went on a race.

"Mae, please just listen to me," I cried.

"No, Matt," she responded with. "You don't have to explain anything. I saw everything that happened so your explanation is so not necessary."

"Please just let me explain," I cried again but instead of just standing up, I kneeled down in front of her.

"Matt stand up," she begged as she reached over my arms.

"I'm not going to stand up until you let me explain and forgive me," I replied.

"Matt, I can't just forgive you like that," she slightly shouted.

She grabbed my arms and pulled me up. I didn't even want to get up but she's too strong and I'm too weak to protest right now.

"Why?" I asked as I'm standing on my feet.

"Because you broke my heart after you promised me that you wouldn't," she yelled as more tears went down on her eyes. "Matt, it hurt so much when I saw you kissed that girl. But the thing that hurt me the most is you breaking your promises to me. And those promises were just made yesterday. I hate it when people do that. It makes me lose trust to other people that are so innocent and are not even visible at this situation."

More tears came out of her eyes and I leaned in for a hug. She didn't even hugged back. She rapidly pulled away and ran away from me. I again left alone crying. I sat down at the sidewalk and cried once again. But there's no more tears coming out. I must've waisted it all. Well it's my fault anyways.

If I hadn't kissed Cynthia, Mae and I would be happy right now. We would be talking, laughing, cuddling, or even kissing. But all of that is not going to happen anymore because I broke her heart and she will never ever forgive me again.